Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Explorer Cranks But Wont Start

I'm not sure if you hit the nail on the head with this one but have found a big issue. Once I replaced the battery connector and saw the deformed battery case under the + pole, I brought it to NTB who installed the battery in 2017. They replaced the battery for free, however, stated they had...
  2. K

I ordered the complete battery connector off (Thanks Peter!) The price has definitely come down from when I first looked. Took apart all to clean and install new connector and found the deformed + post on the 1-year-old battery. This had happened before with the original battery. The...
  3. K

Thank you Peter and all! Good information. I'm going to replace this battery clamp and see how this impacts the starting issue.
  4. K

Disconnected the battery and the + copper terminal is badly corroded/disintegrating. Only one copper ring connecting to the battery. I will need to replace the terminal which I see from Ford is $350 for the copper one. Aftermarket one is cheap but it is a silver metal. Does this matter?
  5. K

Peter, It will crank and crank and the tow truck driver did connect his portable charge to the battery (even though I told him the battery was not dead).
  6. K

No codes... Service Advisor said if they had some code they'd be able to trace the issue.
  7. K

New battery... although the + battery terminal keeps corroding up very fast. I had cleaned a few weeks ago and then when this happened, it was crazy corroded again. Cleaned good but it didn't help with cranking. Might be worth taking the terminal off and doing a very good cleaning. Thanks...
  8. K

Went and picked it up from the dealer. They have no clue. Pretty much said they've done all they can unless they hear back from Ford..." I'll email you." I'm not holding my breath. Service advisor did ask if it was happening when it is on full tank... maybe some valve is air locked or...
  9. K

Full tank of gas. I've even run Chevron high octane and a fuel cleaner once a month.
  10. K

I've been having this issue for quite some time. Thursday was 4th time for 2015 Limited it to be towed back into the dealer. The 1st or 2nd time, they replaced everything in the fuel system trying to figure out the issue. 3rd time, they get off tow truck, it starts right up. They have it for...
  11. K

Airbag Warning light and Passenger seat?

My airbag light started staying on recently. Initially, there would be a "phantom" dinging... very soft, like when the seatbelt is not buckled. Then the airbag light started staying on constantly.
  12. K

Bug stain removal

WD-40... also works great on dissolving tar.
  13. K

Lease Buyout Question

I recently purchased my 2015 Limited after the lease was up... there was a $500 fee there and I said, no way. It got removed.
  14. K

Broken Outside Mirror

I did the same thing with mine... broke the mirror, cracked the plastic housing. I was able to easily replace the whole outside mirror. Versus the dealership wanting close to $900. BB5Z-17683-EAPTM Mirror Outside $377.31 (Not Taxable) 1 $377.31 Subtotal: $377.31 Shipping (UPS -...
  15. K

2018 XLT - Hardwire Radar Detector (not Mirror Tap)

ah... yep, mine has a 120vac outlet ... just thought that was standard.
  16. K

2018 XLT - Hardwire Radar Detector (not Mirror Tap)

Hey Jeff... I have a 2015 Ltd. My 120V outlet on the backside of console turns off with the ignition.
  17. K

2015 Ford Expedition EL Limited Max, can’t open flip up tailgate glass

Hey David, I have the same model you have (see profile pic), maxed out, all options; however, the rear door glass does not go up on mine. I have the button on remote to open the rear hatch but the window is fixed on mine.
  18. K

100k maintenance

Shane, I did remove spark plugs when I got water in my engine recently... It was easy with the spark plug tool and ratchet extension. Manifold does have to be removed... easy. I'm going to do my transmission soon as I have 30K on Explorer. There are videos on youtube... another easy one to...
  19. K

Car or Truck?

Too many syllables... Truck is easy ; )
  20. K

Car or Truck?

I always say "my truck"... but then again, I'm in Texas ; )
  21. K

Purchasing used: Should I worry about the internal water pump?

Reems... I just looked to see Ford warranty. There is some left for yours on the powertrain. Not sure if water pump causing an engine failure would be covered... Something to look into. 3 yr/36,000 mi basic, 5 yr/60,000 mi powertrain
  22. K

2015 owner - New Member

Thanks Mike! Love to hear all about your mods on your 2015.
  23. K

Need advice - 2017 Explorer or 2016 Expedition

I have a 2015 Ex and drive both the latest EX and Expedition when traveling (National Car). I prefer the Explorer.
  24. K

Windows down with the remote? (Global Open)

Loved that feature on Lexus.. it would also open sunroof.
Back