Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

How to: 3rd Gen BODY LIFT. Install.

yes, that's it. the photos of the kits are really representative of what's included - some vendors may have a chevy kit or a dodge kit - it's basically to show you (as I did) are paying for hockey pucks and bolts. :)
  2. P

holy crap!! EIGHTY TWO DOLLARS? the lift kit was what, about a hundred bucks? OK, they sell for 192... i don't think i paid that much wehen i bought it.... insanity. i could see 20, maybe 30 bucks...
  3. P

yes - the top end has way too much play... makes gravel roads not fun. I emailed P.A. and asked about it... see what they can do. I THOUGHT someone had tried not using the extension with some luck and a 3" lift... maybe not.
  4. P

i don't, unfortunately... I also don't have much int he way of machining equipment... I'm going to attempt to cinch up the bolt on the top half... otherwise, i may have to find a creative way to shim it.
  5. P

allright boys and girls... here's a question... how crucial is the steering extension? I've had my lift for around a year now (or 2? i forget). anyway... the steering is REALLY loose - and i've tracked it down to the extension. What is the likely issue with removing the extension and...
  6. P

Strut replacement howto (rear)

thanks! was gonna re-host the photos and fix them today... now... i think the fronts are my next target... they're squeaking!
  7. P

Strut replacement howto (rear)

Well, like many others, I had cracked springs... or at least one... so I decided to replace them. here's the basic instructions I used: i decided it needed pictures. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/UszCCHk7zzbGm4gwl7oX09XTgo3doEoFOgAP3IZ1Ldc?feat=directlink First - there are SEVEN...
  8. P

+WARNING-Phone Pad Blisters Dash

i've seen those - please keep one thing in mind. in the event of a collision, your phone has just become a missile. Those pads are only a step better than the "bean bag" mounts for GPS units and phones.... those turn your 10 oz. GPS into a 5 lb missile.....
  9. P

3rd gen winch bumper

define Cheap.... PM me.
  10. P

options for rock sliders?

AJ's off road armor does sliders for jeeps - i'm sure he could be persuaded to do some for an X....
  11. P

Photos 3rd gen pic's

265-75-R16s and a 3" body lift
  12. P

rear bumper

well, we'll see what happens... i have a cheap stick welder in the garage - but time is short for learning, with a 2 year old.... maybe the front bumper is a better starting place... we'll see what happens... i like DIY, but i have very limited time :)
  13. P

rear bumper

yah... but it wouldn't cover training and materials both...
  14. P

rear bumper

Well, after i got rear ended - the insurance company told me i could use the check for something custom... as long as i pick up the difference. Since noone makes anything mass produced for the X, i found a guy up here who does jeep stuff (Waterloo, IA)... he said he could whip something up...
  15. P

body mounts

read through the body lift thread - lots of info... short answer - i used a torch, among other things.
  16. P

Anyone herculiner the whole stinkin' thing?

hail storm here in IA today.... chipped the heck out of my hood. $500 deductible. I'm guessing $200-300 to properly repaint the hood I have a few scratches on the roof that need to be touched up... i'm thinking 2 cans of herculiner (or 3) is gonna be less than repainting just the...
  17. P

Does Oreilley carry DPFE sensor?

apparently the proble is that they don't refer to it as the same thin everyone else does....
  18. P

Does Oreilley carry DPFE sensor?

I'm getting the codes indicating that my Delta Pressure Feedback EGR sensor is bad... Does anyone know if Oreilley carries them? yeah, i'm too lazy ro go in and try to figure it out...I've got a couple more projects that need doing in the mean time...
  19. P

Question on Grill Guard Install

didn't need to remove anything with my go rhino... well, i had to pull the grille to get some support brackets in, but other than that, i would assume the others are similar...
  20. P

Backup batteries?

yes, it is possible - with one small exception. First - you'll need an ISOLATOR (look up battery isolator) - this dvice goes between your alternator and your two batteries - it will keep them both charged, and also keep them from damaging eachother, which is possible if they're wired in...
  21. P

03 ex needs a body lift

for a body lft, you're pretty much stuck with the same one the rest of us have used - look at the stickys on the top of the forum. Save yourself a lot of hard learning, and read the entire thread - there's a LOT of information in there that will save you a LOT of headaches later on. I know...
  22. P

Lift for '03 explorer

still want lift spacers? (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last Page) Brandon@BTF-fab page 2 of this forum.
  23. P

How to make your Ford Explorer steering column telescope PICS

ok... I have an XLT with tilt, but no telescoping... so... this is towards the dash and away from the dash, not just between the cieling and floor, right?
  24. P

3rd gen with visor?

hm... uglier than i thought... never mind...
Back