Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

2018 explorer parking brake doesn’t work after brake service

There is a procedure on bleeding and setting the integrated parking brake as one is hydraulic and the other mechanical at the caliper. Just need someone with a service manual to post it lol
  2. P

2016 Explorer Sport Integrated rear parking brake

Hi all. Anyone with a service manual will to post the servicing procedure regarding the bleeding, and adjustment of the integrated parking brake/ caliper. Not interested in “this is how I do it”, no offence intended. Thanks
  3. P

Unfortunately no adjustment to the parking brake.
  4. P

Wish I could help. There's not one brake video on how to set up the rear parking brake while servicing. The hydraulic and mechanical brake should be set during this service. Both professional and DIY'er fail to do this.
  5. P

Unsolved check engine light mystery (P2096 and more)

How sure are you that replacing both cats and all the O2 sensors will solve the P2096? O2 sensors are pretty reliable as are cats and replacing all that is very costly and most likely not needed. The readings of my O2 B1S2 I was reading the data while driving.
  6. P

Unsolved check engine light mystery (P2096 and more)

Were you able to get the p2096 resolved? My 16 Sport threw that code out last week. Long story short, during a trip the PTU puked up a bit and I believe contaminated the Bank 1 sensor 2 with oil. I replaced the O2, during a drive I notice that that the brand new sensor drop out randomly ( as did...
  7. P

Ecoboost timing chain replacement

Awesome write up, greatly appreciated! Can you include some torque specs whenever you’re able?
  8. P

H O L Y Moly! $700 for a sensor?!?!?!?

Ford sells touch-up paint:)
  9. P

2016 Explorer bucking

This a sport? If so, plugs may not be your problem. Could be the PTU going out. Take your vehical to a reputable shop to have it diagnosed.
  10. P

Leaks / Service Package

My 2016 Sport was leaking from this exact same spot. Rear main seal replaced, once they separated the trans they found the trans seal leaking as well. Thank God it was under the 5 yr warranty mark.
  11. P

Manually close moonroof

I learned from a fellow on FB that you can use a allen key to close the roof. You should see a keyway in the motor ( while the old motor is in place) housing where the gear is located. Please post back if this works.
  12. P

No Key Detected

Replace the battery in the fob again.
  13. P

Explorer braking shudder frustration

If it were me, I'd start with the simple stuff first. Your front tires might need to be re-balanced. I would rotate the tires and see if the problem persists. Before removing the front tires and while the vehical is jacked, hold the tire at 9 and 3 o'clock then from 12 to 6 o'clock pulling and...
  14. P

Door Lock Issues

Amazing, dealership shoots the parts cannon at a problem and finally the problem is fixed. All along it could have been a loose connector... What is really sad is that they can't properly diagnose their own products.
  15. P

Swollen Lug Nut Replacement

This issue is more prevalent in the rust belt areas, it's known as rustjacking.
  16. P

2017 Explorer sport, small oil leak, doesn't seem to get fixed.

Just had the rear main seal diagnosed on my 2016 Explorer sport. Parts on order, transmission needs to be dropped to make this repair. Powertrain warranty covers this thank goodness!:chug:
  17. P

Very intermittent mirror issue 16 Sport

Oh yes. There are times when the mirrors (glass) will move to the extreme that it will start to "thump, thump" as it's trying to continue. Both driver and passenger mirrors do this randomly.
  18. P

New rotors coated on one side in grey primer type paint.

I wouldn’t be a bad ideal to check on the price of a replacement bracket, I’m sure some dealer service would just replace the bracket when it gets to a severe point.
  19. P

I could have done another 20-20k miles on the front pads. My 2003 Nissan Altima would chew through rear pads in less time if I wasn’t servicing them yearly
  20. P

meh? 40k miles is about average I've read. I could have gone on much more with the fronts pads and I'm sure as will most vehicles the braking is front bias. The rears are a problem, the pads were partially seized inside the brackets. I'll defiantly service that bracket every spring when the...
  21. P

Yeah same with mine, the fronts were down to 6mm, but I was there already. The rears although were not seized yet they were down to 2mm and showed some cracking in the pad material.
  22. P

2016 Ford Explorer Sport brake job

Did my brakes yesterday. The fronts were a breeze, not much in the way of rust build up in the caliper bracket. The rear was a bit of a pain if you don't rent / buy the caliper resetting tool. There was a lot of rust jacking under the pads which is a known issue for previous Explorer models. I...
Back