Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Solved 2000 5.0 Heater hose question

Thank you both, I think that's the part. I haven't torn into it yet but from your description and the way it appears I think you guys got it.
  2. H

Solved 2000 5.0 Heater hose question

EDIT: Sorry for double posting! I am trying to figure out how to delete this one. As I am finishing up replacing the radiator in my 2000 Limited AWD 5.0 (in case any of that makes a difference for the answers) yesterday during refill of coolant I found another leak, and I am hoping someone can...
  3. H

Tune functionality

I am looking into a tune for my 17' sport. I have a general question about tunes and getting different tunes with the system. How do you switch between different tunes you get? If I want to change from '93 performance tune to 93' economy tune, do I have to hook the tuner back up? Or am I...
  4. H

Window Tinting

Does anyone have any pictures of their front window top strip tinted? Bonus points for it being done on a black explorer! Here in the great state of VA you are only allowed to tint the front window down to the "AS1" line. I have my front side windows tinted (not crazy dark, just enough to match...
  5. H

Intake Temps and Boost Questions

Very interesting topic, I have wondered the same but haven't looked into any actual data. I will be following and looking for your follow up findings.
  6. H

EGR Code, 2000 Explorer 5.0

Even a brand new EGR and gasket install?
  7. H

I will have to take a real close look as you mentioned. A quick look this afternoon and everything appears to be tight and sealed, this was after driving for a little so it was too hot to reach all the way in there. I will definitely look at it more closely (hopefully this weekend).
  8. H

A couple weeks ago I replaced my passenger side Exhaust Manifold. Along with it I replaced the EGR tube and the EGR valve. After about 30 or so miles I got a check engine light. No rough running or "noises" just a light. I pulled the code with Forscan and it came back for EGR If I am not...
  9. H

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Does not have either of those (don't mention the memory seats. That is one item I kick myself for not getting. I am bitter about that one) I was curious if not all modules are installed from the factory, just as you mention possible for my Ex to just be missing the module?
  10. H

Appreciate the questions and comments, I do have access to both HS and MS modules, quick example I can access BCM and PCM (which are both labeled as HS, as well as access HVAc/HSWM which are listed as MS modules. These are NOT the only modules I can access, I have a total of about 15 modules...
  11. H

It does have the HS/MS switch and I did switch it when asked. The switch is not labeled very well so I even tried the opposite position but then it didn't even connect when I changed it (I was in MS instead of HS at the beginning and that is how I confirmed which position is which).
  12. H

So I received my ELM today. I went with the VINT model listed through forscan. I still do not show the DDM or the PDM in my module list. I’m starting to think I do not have those modules installed in the vehicle.? Does it matter of the “package level” I have? I do not have the 401A in my 17’...
  13. H

Third Brake light Flash

Unfortunately it’s sitting in the package on a shelf in the garage for a week now! Haven’t made the time to install. I looked briefly one evening hoping the brake light had some screws on the exterior to remove. After the quick look it appears I need to remove the trim on the rear hatch to...
  14. H

Thank you, Going to order one of the recommended ELM's to hopefully see if that is the issue.
  15. H

2016+ Raptor Style Grille and Hella Horn swap

Is the Hella Horn "that much louder" over the stock one? Watching the video you linked the hella horn sounds like my stock one. Is there a db increase with it? Or are my ears playing tricks on me and there is a huge difference that I am just not noticing though my 3/4" laptop speakers? LOL.
  16. H

2000 Limited 5.0, exhaust manifold/oil pressure sensor/oil level sensor questions

So I took the plunge yesterday evening and today. Oil pressure sensor, If it was not for having to unplug the cable from the connector first This would have been way easier. I had tight but pretty easy access to 3 sides of the sensor, of course the release for the plug was on the 4th side. As...
  17. H

Yes, I did get the extended license and have made changes to other items with success. The ELM is a week old, I may have to return and get a replacement, just to see if that’s the issue. Any recommendations for what people are using? I’m using a laptop connected with usb for the ELM.
  18. H

Third Brake light Flash

I ended up ordering one today similar to the one you posted. Hoping it will work out for me. Might play with some installation this weekend.
  19. H

Bbfly-bf32302 (see link below). It does have the MS/HS switch. I am able to see modules which require MS and ones that require HS. Forscan prompts me to change between them when required. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9R9QS2?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
  20. H

I have a 2017 sport, I am playing with FORScan and was trying to get the global windows up and down with remote to work. I know this has been discussed multiple times but I can’t find anyone with my issue posting on here. One setting that needs to be modified is the DDM (from google I believe...
  21. H

Third Brake light Flash

Valid points, however I feel the annoyance factor on other drivers is a little bit of proof of concept that these work for getting people behind you attention so they don't rear end you. I seen recent discussion on another thread where someone posted an alternate item that actually changes the...
  22. H

Third Brake light Flash

Curious if anyone has installed a "BackOff" module on their third brake light? I saw the video below and started looking for something on a sport but couldn't find anything. Trying to see if any of you have done this and what the outcome was? I am stuck between thinking it would be cool and...
  23. H

2000 Limited 5.0, exhaust manifold/oil pressure sensor/oil level sensor questions

Koda, You must have known my next "issue". My needle had not banged below the gauges peg before this past week. How do you get it back to the other side? Is there a trick or do I need to get into/through the instrument cluster to manually get it back on the other side?
  24. H

Cold Air Intake (CAI) Discussion

OKOKOK, I have gone back and read threads in here and yet it still seems like the majority feels CAI will only change the noise and no performance if that is the only modification. It also sounds like there's still debate on if it actually has a negative affect in the performance part (loss of...
Back