Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Do you regret not getting the XSport?

That's pretty impressive on an NA car....nicely done!
  2. D

Methanol Injection

Aren't those all airplanes? I'm not sure that's entirely relevant in this case since I believe those are OLD planes and probably not apples to apples comparison for a new direct injection engine. I have 3 modified twin turbo 6 cylinder vehicles and I'm not a fan of methanol as it's generally...
  3. D

For Livernois and others. questions about engines blowing

If you haven't taken a single log then I'm sure glad I went with another tuner. I have a ~1000RWHP 300ZX and a ~600RWHP 335 and both have custom tunes and I log every couple of months to make sure everything is 'as it should be'. Quite a risk you're taking with someone else's vehicle if you...
  4. D

If you can't pull your own logs fairly regularly then I would suggest sticking with an OTS tune. I don't use the Livernois tune and I'm not sure if it has logging capabilities but if not then there are several other options out there.
  5. D

OTS = Off the Shelf...the more generic tune which is also generally the least aggressive.
  6. D

I would find a new technician as anyone who makes a statement like 'use one step down from the max' without establishing relevancy should raise an eye brow. Tunes don't blow engines if done correctly and if you don't have the capability to log and monitor then I would suggest sticking with an...
  7. D

Post Pics Of Your Tires (want to see what 275/45/20 on a Sport looks like)

I'm having 275 45 20 Nitto NT421Qs installed tomorrow and I'll snap some pics and post em up. I know there are others running that size and a search should yield some pics as well.
  8. D

Tire Size help 2014 Sport: 275/50/20

I think several have gone with 275/45/20s without any issues.
  9. D

World Record Wednesday

Holy cow that's a lot of money to put a SHO into the mid 11's. I have less tied up in my 335 and it runs 10.9's at 127-128. That's a quick car for sure but I don't think I could stomach putting that much money into a Taurus especially given how bland they look on the outside.
  10. D

N/a To twin turbo

Yup...just swap to a sport because you'll get better suspension, brakes etc. It won't be cost effective to do a conversion.
  11. D

Seat Covers

I have the OEM seat covers on the 2nd and 3rd row to protect the seats from my dogs and they fit and work quite well. They're very durable (I have 2 large Dobermans) and they fit snug and are washable.
  12. D

HID Install +Pics - Step by Step

I went with the kit from Diode Dynamics as well and am very happy. Since the Explorer has projector housing from the factory the install was simple and easy and the projected pattern has a very clean cutoff. Although the driver side does not have the slight decline that it would if they were...
  13. D

Halo Headlight/Fog idea

Luis at OSS is probably the best in the business and has been doing this for a long time now. I have ordered lights from him for my last 2 BMWs and he always does top quality work but you have to send your lights off and generally my experience has been that it takes 2-3 months with OSS. You...
  14. D

Hello Everyone!

Hi all, I just traded a 2015 Focus ST for a loaded 2014 Explorer Sport. I'm getting older and the Recaros in the Focus in addition to this being my dog hauler (2 Dobermans) made the Explorer an easy decision. I have a 2009 335i coupe (~600RWHP) and a 1991 300 ZX TT (~700RWHP) so I have an...
Back