Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Coil on Plug

I've got an ELM327 Bluetooth adapter that I use with the Torque App. I just downloaded In Car Doc and will try it this afternoon. Thank you.
  2. N

Coil on Plug

That was the first thing I tried about 20,000 miles ago. So, the plugs are a year old and 20K miles. I thought for sure they'd still be good. Originals came out at 90,000 ish miles. All the plugs look like they are burning perfect. I pulled them out to make sure they all looked the same and they do.
  3. N

Coil on Plug

OK, so I finally had time to replace all the coil packs and I still have the misfire issue. What else could be causing the misfire. It really happens at light to moderate loads. Still throws no codes. What to check next?
  4. N

Coil on Plug

Actually, no, I'm not sure it's ignition and not transmission shudder. The "feel' is like other cars I've had when coil packs have gone bad. How would I diagnose the transmission?
  5. N

Coil on Plug

So, I ohm out all coil packs. 4 of them are 16 Mo and 2 are 14.5 M ohm. Is that enough of a difference to worry about? All spark plugs look perfect in color.
  6. N

Coil on Plug

I have a 2014 Limited that has what feels like ignition misfires. It's much worse under a load, say going up hill. Changed spark plugs about 20,000 miles ago. It is NOT throwing any codes but obviously something is clearly wrong. How do I diagnose coil packs with no codes to know what cylinders...
  7. N

Question on Front Running lights and turn signals

I did not check for ground or voltage at the socket. Only continuity through the bulb to make sure it was still good on both elements. It's odd that both front running lights/ turn signals/ emergency flashers all go out so sudden when all the rear lights are working perfect.
  8. N

I did check the relays under the hood. You can feel and hear them working I suppose because the rear lights are flashing as normal. I do have a code reader and will try that when I get home but the check engine light is not on indicating a code.
  9. N

My wife has a 2014 Explorer Limited that has 83,000+ miles. Most everything has been perfect up until yesterday when we noticed that when we put the right turn signal on, the blinker went very fast like a burnt out light bulb. Saw a reflection in the car in front of us and sure enough the...
  10. N

2017 Explorer Wind Noise

We have a 2014 Limited that had a very similar noise to what you are describing. There is a tech service bulletin that tells Ford to change out the plastic molding around the windshield. Ours was the passenger side molding. Story goes, as the temperature warms up, this plastic was too soft...
  11. N

Ethanol Sensor Question

No, I haven't had the gas tested but it was at 3 separate stations hundreds of miles apart in Oklahoma and Missouri so I doubt it was the same delivery truck. 100% gas is easy to find in this part of the country. I believe you on the cost of the sensor, it's probably crazy expensive and I've...
  12. N

Ethanol Sensor Question

We have a 2014 Explorer Limited with about 67,000 miles. I recently purchased an ELM 327 Bluetooth adapter for the OBDII port so I could run a program called Torque. In this program is a feed that shows the Ethanol sensor reading. The current reading is 9.8%. The problem is, The last 3 full...
  13. N

Heated and cooled leather seats ?

I checked the filters in my friends Lariat Pickup and they are the new Grate kind of filter with no filter material in them. No wonder they flow more air. There is a marked difference between his seats and our Explorer in Cooling and air flow. His seats really move some air. If the vehicle...
  14. N

I'm curious in the difference between my friends Lariat Pickup and our Explorer in regards to the Air Conditioned seats. His really cool very well and you feel a lot of cool air flow. I haven't checked his filters to see whether he has the old kind with filter material or the new kind that...
  15. N

Checked the filter last night and it really seemed pretty clean as has everything in this used explorer. It was in incredibly good shape for 52,000 miles on it when we purchased back in February. I took the filter off and blew it out with my air hose and nothing really came out of it, no dust...
  16. N

I have not checked the seat filter as I didn't know there was one. I just read on the other thread how to check and replace. To be fair, our explorer has 63000 miles and my buddies Lariat has 14000 miles so, the difference in usage could be great. We bought the explorer used with 52000 miles...
  17. N

I know this is an old thread but I'm new and doing research on seat cooling. We have a 2014 Explorer Limited with air conditioned front seats like many of you do. I've used it on many occasions and it really doesn't cool that much. I have a friend here at work with a 2015 Lariat Pickup with...
Back