Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Ranger vs. Explorer FRONT Bumper

Just looking at it, the exterior/cosmetic fit appears like the part that WOULD work. The dip in the center for the grille and profile beneath the headlights and where it meets the wheel wells appears to be spot on. I was worried more about the frame connection.
  2. A

Steel Bumper and Winch - 2002 Explorer XLT

I am looking into the same thing, and actually just started a thread on it. There is an Aussie who had a custom front bumper made, but I haven't seen anyone from the states with one.
  3. A

Ranger vs. Explorer FRONT Bumper

I have been looking into having a pair of custom bumpers made for my 2002 explorer. Every place that I have looked has said either "No" or "I have never done one, so I'd need to have the vehicle in my shop to try." With regard to the FRONT bumper, it is superficially very similar to those...
  4. A

Help adding Auxilary to 05 Explorer

Buy a new one. Your time is worth something (money), and when you really add things together, it's worth a lot more than the cost of a reasonable aftermarket stereo. Why waste your money on a halfway fix when you can spend a bit more on a real solution? Put another way, the percentage...
  5. A

Recommednation On a Radio

I wasn't interested in a CD changer, so this may be useless to you, but I got a Kenwood Excelon DPX792-BH (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ON7ztNJHOMF/p_113DPX792B/Kenwood-Excelon-DPX792BH.html) and love it. Having a double DIN and filling it up with a double DIN aftermarket receiver looks much...
  6. A

Exhaust upgrades

If you have access to a decent muffler shop, you could just buy a 50 series flow master 2.5" (center in/center out looks like it would work best) and have them weld that in behind the rear cat. My shop charged $150 for the pipe and work and the muffler was about $100 shipped from Amazon. The...
  7. A

2002 Brake and Steering Upgrade Questions

I'm new to this forum, but I couldn't find a good thread on this from a brief search. It seems like the Gen 3 is the red-headed stepchild of the explorer group, which is sad given how many great features it brings to the table (i.e. 4 wheel independent suspension, a robust frame on body design...
Back