Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. allmyEXes

'02 Sport Trac Upper control arm, cam bolts, inner and outer tie rods - tips

@429CJ-3X2 I hope that you don't mind me stepping on your thread a bit. Reading it reminded me that while I have my wife's fingers unwrapped from the white '97 4 dr Explorer that we own, that there are several individual things that need addressed. One is the negative camber issue on the left...
  2. allmyEXes

1997 Explorer 4.0 SOHC 4 dr camber adjustment

I've been working on my wife's white '97 for the past two weeks. Today I was looking at the negative camber issue, primarily on the driver's side. I had the wheel off of it to get a good look at it. The ball joints seem fine and the adjustable camber bolts were already installed too. It is...
  3. allmyEXes

Help with timing chain parts for v6 SOHC 4.0L

Either way. New manual adjust from the beginning then partial disassembly to adjust after the 3rd oil change or new hydraulic first then partial disassembly to swap. Same difference on the labor. Personally, would use the manuals and sell of the hydraulics if they were part of a...
  4. allmyEXes

1997 "white" 4.0 SOHC primary and D side secondary chain guide repair-Fill neck hose replace-

Today I was able to remove the filler neck and hose that had been leaking. It is a good thing that I had bought two feet of hose. I used every inch. I also cleared all of the codes that posted while I had the vacuum leak. p0171, p0174, p0455 gross leak was there too. There was another vacuum...
  5. allmyEXes

@429CJ-3X2 I had no idea that the 385 series head bolt torque was that high.
  6. allmyEXes

Wow! 89 foot pounds is almost 3 grunts. One grunt =30 #s. 2 grunts= 60 #s. 3 grunts=90 #s. ;) I need to do a R&P R&R and I think that with the long tie rod assemblies removed, it will make it easier to extract.
  7. allmyEXes

@429CJ-3X2 I suppose that my special 36mm fan wrench could be used to remove the inner socket "tie rod" end?
  8. allmyEXes

Project thread: “Beast”

Fox body valve covers in post #69...
  9. allmyEXes

*It appears that the rolling chassis' for these trucks were assembled first, then the fuel and brake lines installed. Future serviceability didn't seem to be considered. *Are the fuel lines for all of the 4.0 SOHC trucks and the 1997 to 2001 Explorer 5.0s the same from the tank to the...
  10. allmyEXes

1997 MM 5.0 TC & WP refresh & ignition coil-near-plug conversion-Temporarily on hold-

I didn't waste too much time searching for the gauge set. My shop neighbor came over with some fresh eggs. While we were talking, I told him about our misplaced set. He said he might have a set that is still good. I've used up alot of time searching. They will be the last place that I look. The...
  11. allmyEXes

410Custom's builds a 2007 Ranger V8 - custom truck build - Project "Ranger Premier"

In post #1026 10th picture I think, is that some kind of crossmember extension that is part of a front suspension lift of a sort?
  12. allmyEXes

1997 MM 5.0 TC & WP refresh & ignition coil-near-plug conversion-Temporarily on hold-

You may have mentioned the topside creaper before. I didn't use my 2" thick phone book "belly pad" either. It was under the hood of the Mountaineer. I'm going off topic a bit. I spotted my old Super Tuner that quit working and another one that I picked up for parts. That might be my old late...
  13. allmyEXes

@410Fortune At me and brother's shop, multiple projects and the lack of indoor space are one thing. Back in 1985 when we bought the shop and property, we moved out here with 15 vehicles, 2 30 ft flatbed loads of loose 1965-68 Mustang parts and numerous pick-up loads of stuff. There is more now...
  14. allmyEXes

Recommended Oil for 4.0L

OLD THREAD ALERT!
  15. allmyEXes

Unfortunately, the Mountaineer project is on a temporary hold. I'm at the point of being able to put the powertrain harness back on but before I do that, I want to use the oxygen/acetylene torch set to heat up the exhaust manifold nuts or studs to get the out of the flange/s of the header type...
  16. allmyEXes

Need Fender Flare for 98 Eddie Bauer

@Vademastwe Is this one or two of the pieces that you need? PM me if so.
  17. allmyEXes

New here

Link to Buddy's '56 F100/Explorer frame swap
  18. allmyEXes

Need Fender Flare for 98 Eddie Bauer

@Vademastwe "You have mail"
  19. allmyEXes

Help with timing chain parts for v6 SOHC 4.0L

@Addicted I spotted this kit on Ebay and wonder if they are "real" Ford parts. 4.0 SOHC 10 piece timing kit
  20. allmyEXes

1997 "white" 4.0 SOHC primary and D side secondary chain guide repair-Fill neck hose replace-

@donalds The sensor to the PCM seems to be working because after the engine warms up, I can tell when it goes into closed loop. Checking radiator water level before heading to work.
  21. allmyEXes

Follow up of hose replacement and aluminum thermostat hosing assembly complete. Last week, Monday, after what turns out to be a blown short elbow shaped heater hose, the one that attaches directly to the nipple on top of the t-stat housing. I snapped the nipple off of the old one. The next day...
  22. allmyEXes

At those prices, when I go to the JY, I'll be chopping connectors off of 1996 to 2015 Fords, Lincolns and Mercurys! The curse of Oak Island is on for all of those who watch. Good night Everyone.
  23. allmyEXes

Thanks for the help Pete, RockAuto's listing for one of the two connectors is completely wrong. Surely the two connectors are "keyed" differently. All of the connectors on this particular truck are brittle. They are own my 2002 Sport Trac too. The extremely high under hood temperatures of our...
Back