Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Is this vibration normal?

update Wanted to offer an update to those who are following my original post. I've not had time to make getting this issue fixed a priority on my schedule, but I did finally get the car into the shop today to be fitted with a vibration measurement device that supposedly assists technicians...
  2. S

JCrew's description of the symptoms is exactly consistent with what I've been experiencing. Still no resolution yet, as I haven't had time to do any further follow up since my last post.
  3. S

Thanks for responding. Assuming that I make some progress in my continued effort to diagnose this, I'll post the results.
  4. S

Thanks for the feedback As I previously indicated, I went the new tire route with high-end Pirellis that were recommended by TireRack. I didn't do a road-force balance, but the technician and I talked about the importance of getting the balance right when he took the car for the tire swap...
  5. S

The vibration is in the steering wheel and in the floor, so I don't think it's related to steering. It is not related to engine RPMs, but the frequency is related to vehicle speed (and no, I'm not driving with the massaging seats on). The issue is particularly noticeable when driving on a...
  6. S

Having reviewed other posts on the topic of vibration, I didn't find one that was close to my situation with respect to diagnostic work, so I'm posting a new thread. I owned a 2013 Explorer limited with 2WD and loved it except for the lack of power with the standard 6 cyl. engine. The ride...
Back