Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

2016 Ford Explorer vs Jeep Grand Cherokee

I built and priced a Denali but meh not much closer to the ground than my existing truck really. Ford Performance damn them keep distracting me with things like the Raptor, GT350, and Focus RS.
  2. C

OR I could build a handicap ramp to get in/out of a Raptor, this just hit my email from Ford :eek: http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150raptor/?srccode=500291&cks=11446690050&emailid=16q1_ford_xxxa_mar_nl
  3. C

Thanks for reminding me, yet something else I hate the vibrating steering wheel. I could make a case that things like that which startle the driver are dangerous in itself. There is technology I like, airbags for example. I like the front/rear parking sensors, rear camera, navigation, etc...
  4. C

I'd have to dig through the (gulp) 538 page owners manual again, suffices to say if you scroll through these features on the center console display the ones that can be turned off have a check box, the ones that can do not, you scroll to the right and you can select the sensitivity but you can't...
  5. C

The platinum interior was very nice, and comfortable. I'm not sure about having the whole dash covered in leather I think I'd want a more durable material for the dash. But one thing I hated about the platinum is the computer will take over and slam the brakes on and screw with the steering in...
  6. C

The Platinum accelerated like my old Plymouth minivan, yet its advertised as having the same motor, hp, and torque as the Sport hence I call BS on Ford. Its like the Ram 3500 400hp 860 ft lbs of torque yet its a gutless wonder off the line.
  7. C

I have decided to wait for the 2017 and Sync 3.
  8. C

There was something very fishy about the lack of power in the Platinum, it was like night and day compared to the Sport I test drove a couple weeks ago. That Sport may have been a 2015. I read in a review, Motortrend possibly that noted the "touchy" Sport throttle response and that was my...
  9. C

I test drove an Explorer Platinum this evening... Quilted Black Leather Interior - this platinum was the first unit the dealer has received with the new black quilted leather. It was very nice, not sure how I feel about the whole dash covered in leather. The seats were quite comfortable...
  10. C

2015 Ford Explorer about to be for sale.

Recording video and audio (especially audio) on private property without consent, bad idea. Laws vary by state, in mine ALL parties must be notified that you are recording video and audio even in your own home or you are breaking the law. Frequently its the audio that gets you into trouble...
  11. C

After like 2 months of research I'm now back to the Ford Explorer Sport over the JGC. Researching the JGC has been maddening btw. Must Haves 1. Power, lots of it and not crippled by traction control. I loath gutless vehicles. 2. Lower ride height and less jarring than my current 2014...
Back