Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Radiator fan bearing noise 2016 Models

Revised Fan I just got my new 'revised' fan installed. No problems yet. I will keep you updated. Here is the part number off my invoice. DB5Z*8C607*C
  2. S

They really need to figure something out with these fans. My update is as follows. Already had 2 fans replaced. When I brought mine in for a third time, they said they were contacting FORD. That was 2 weeks ago. In Ohio, the lemon law states that they have 3 opportunities to fix the...
  3. S

I just wanted to give an update on my 2016 Platinum with 1600 miles. I am bringing mine into the dealership tomorrow once again. I have already had 2 driver side cooling fans replaced. In Ohio, the lemon law states that they have 3 attempts to resolve the problem. This is something I may...
  4. S

Very interesting. I am on my second fan and the noise is still there. Not happy at all. What is involved with the repurchase process? What steps have you taken? Thanks for the update.
  5. S

I called the dealership to have it serviced Friday. Now i'm wondering if I should just wait to see if it gets better. Its definitely the fan. I manually moved it and the sound was there. So you have been to the dealership and they replaced the radiator twice already?
  6. S

Somebody posted youtube videos of the noise they are hearing. I am hearing the exact same noise as that video. Maybe it is a fan bearing noise. I will be keeping a close eye on it.
  7. S

Thanks! Ya basically once I start the explorer and turn it off I hear this high pitched noise for a few seconds. I was also thinking that it could be the turbos winding down. I may just wait and see what happens. If it gets worse I may take it back to the dealer. This thread has been very...
  8. S

New member. Just purchased my 2016 Platinum last week. It has 400 miles on it. Just today after shutting it off I heard a whistling sound for about 3 seconds after shut off and then it goes away. This seems to be a common problem among many posts on this thread. Any suggestions on what I...
Back