Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

The Ford order/build/deliver timeline.

2016 Ford Explorer XLT Order Date: 3/23 Received VIN: 3/30 Window Sticker Available: 4/14 Build Date: 4/18 Dealership Received vehicles: 5/7 I'll be picking it up later this week so it took 7 weeks from order date to pick up date.
  2. H

Ford Smart Bonus

Found out from my dealer that the Ford Smart Bonus is only for specific vehicles and is VIN specific.
  3. H

Ford Smart Bonus

Just saw that Ford has announced a new incentive for the 2016 explorer which is a $1000 Ford Smart Bonus. There doesn't appear to be any details online about what qualifies for this incentive. Does anyone know the details? Thanks
  4. H

Too Late to Order 2016?

According to posters on this board, today was the last day to get an order in for a 2016 so it looks like you just made it. Also, the timeline might be a little quicker than you posted. I ordered one three weeks ago and the ETA for it to arrive at the dealership is May 8th.
  5. H

2016 xlt

We ordered it without the console. We have two little kids (2 years old and 4 months old) and a dog that travels everywhere with us. So without the console our dog will be able to easily get back to the third row.
  6. H

2016 xlt

Beecatch, It is going to be my wife's everyday vehicle so she is very excited. Even though we haven't seen it yet, we are so glad that we decided to order exactly what we want rather than get something off a lot that either didn't have everything or had too much. I don't even know what the...
  7. H

2016 xlt

Ordered an XLT three weeks ago. We couldn't find exactly what we wanted so we decided to order it. We also wanted the 2nd row bucket seats. ETA is May 8th so we can't wait.
  8. H

2017 ordering

I think you have more leverage with a dealer if the car you want is sitting on the lot. They want to move it and if you are willing to drive it away that day it is a huge win for them. I ordered a 2016 Explorer two weeks ago for $850 under invoice which I thought was pretty good.
  9. H

2017 vs 2016 Questions & Opinions

FWIW I'm in the same boat as you. Just ordered a 2016 but would have dropped it for a 2017 if I was blown away by some of the 2017 changes. In my opinion, giving up the great incentives (Especially the 0% financing) is definitely not worth it just to have SYNC 3.
  10. H

2017 ordering

So we will see what happens but according to the dealer we just ordered a 2016 Explorer XLT. I was in negotiations with three different dealers who all stated that they could still place orders for 2016's this week.
Back