Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 4

2006 Explorer hole in valve cover —- urgent responses

Yes they pull the right valve cover to check that rear guide.
  2. 4

Yes they pull out all debris from oil pan and small parts of broken tensioner.
  3. 4

So you guys are suggesting that it won’t be effective what ever work was done? Without rear chain replacement ? Can anyone share rear chain diagram ?
  4. 4

I got it repaired !! 680$ and also replaced with timing chain complete set including new tentioners. Will drive and update if any thing goes right or left. Still quite when idle but next week I have some long runs.
  5. 4

So this means big expense or new engine ??
  6. 4

hi, my truck was leaking oil so I had gasket replaced and took the car for drive. My university is 40miles, as I reached university I heard loud noises from engine bay. I opened the hood and saw hole in my valve cover making loud noise . I did drove the car back 40 miles to Machenic. They...
  7. 4

How to post new threads ? Based on my car issue

How to post new threads ? Based on my car issue
  8. 4

iDatalink Maestro RR

Thanks for reply ... Good new is I made it happen .. 1-Maestro showing gauges and other OBD readings 2- back up camera working 3- All steering wheel controls working. ( I installed harness and steering controls before but the were not working on factory stereo) New stereo installed...
  9. 4

iDatalink Maestro RR

So I am in middle of installing maestro rr and f01 harness .. few questions .. Q1-My factory harness have 2 connectors for factor stereo and f01 have 3 connector to connect with factory harness . Where will third connector will connect? I don't have sync or amp/SW. Q2-Why there are extra wires...
  10. 4

iDatalink Maestro RR

Is this thread alive ☺️. I will do maestro rr and after market radio next week in my 2006 Ford Explorer XLT.Do I have to splice any specific wire for my steering audio control? My ford does not have sync so I managed to install audio harness and control pad on steering wheel my self.i will be...
  11. 4

Steering wheel audio control

I think so it will work . I have ordered 2008 explorer steering audio controls for my 2006 explorer. I will update you in 1 week.
  12. 4

I think so it will work . I have ordered 2008 explorer steering audio controls for my 2006 explorer. I will update you in 1 week.
  13. 4

2006 explorer XLT front airbag fuse

Never mind I found it I should remove fuse 17 from under dash fuse box . It is for RCM
  14. 4

2006 explorer XLT front airbag fuse

Hi, Can anyone point me toward the steering wheel airbag fuse. I will be installing audio control and I need to know where is that fuse for airbag. I will disconnect the battery but I want to more secure with fuse removed before I start.
  15. 4

I am planing to buy JVC arsenal KW-v620BT. It is compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls. If I install steering audio control and harness will it work? You guys are experts and need your advice. I have 2006 Ford Explorer XLT
  16. 4

2006 explorer Flasher directional relay

Thanks for the reply Rcflyer330 . I wanted to avoid damn resistors but I guess that is the only option . Does anyone had bad experiences with resistors ?
  17. 4

Need help locating flasher relay

Any update on this ?
  18. 4

2006 explorer Flasher directional relay

So I was thinking of installing led as park light + front directional signels on my 2006 explorer and for that I am not sure to use resistors. I have read about relays and would like to know the location of flasher relay ..which is under dash somewhere .
  19. 4

Confuse about milage (MPG) 06explorer

I don't know that much . If you can eleborate Please .
  20. 4

Spray some directly into incoming air ? How
  21. 4

hopefully seafoam with next fuel fill up will help as well
  22. 4

Thanks for the reply . I will use sea foam today and will see if I get any better result in mpg .
  23. 4

Hi exlorerers, I am new to this forum and this is my first Explorer . I just bought it and previous owner have no record for service and maintenance. I am getting milage that has made me confuse. I live in chicago with crazy cold weather and with my driving in city I am getting 8.4 on cluster...
Back