Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

New Explorer, Wavy side glass?

Ok update, After going around with Ford Customer care, the dealership and some guy that called himself an engineer still no love. They tell me that the distortions are normal with laminated glass. I asked why the windshield is clear, crickets. The dealership did agree the glass has distortions...
  2. D

Anyone able to find an A/C Compressor Clutch?

You would have thrown good money after bad trying to just replace the clutch. You need special tools and a lot of time, then you still have to flush the system replace the dryer/receiver. PAG oil absorbs moisture quickly. Your system would not have lasted long with a quick repair. Sitting in...
  3. D

AC Gone again- help?

If your low side pressure is 140 psi either the compressor is not running or it has a mechanical failure internal to the compressor. Or you were connected to the high side. You should see 35-50 psi running on the suction side and 140-200 on the liquid line. An under hood temp of 107 deg...
  4. D

I didn't notice the glass and door issue until they delivered it to my house after repainting the fender that had the flaw. The cheap under hood stuff was just an observation and the pimple in hood is not that bad. I was just bringing up the fact that QC is out the window.
  5. D

Hi I just purchased a new 2016 Explorer. I have noticed a few things that are beyond over looking. The side windows are distorted and wavy, Dealer says it is from the side glass being laminated instead of tempered. It is like looking through somebody's glasses. They have no other answers...
  6. D

New Explorer owner

Hi, Just bought a new 16' Explorer.
Back