Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

5r55e, loses drive when hot but reverse ok; when cold works 1-2->D and has reverse

Probably going to go with a full rebuild for 2k with 1y/12k warranty, clean shop and experienced rebuilder. Will likely do the CVB upgrade with solenoids instead of sticking a shift kit onto a likely worn and unupdated valve body. Hopefully the timing chain rattle doesn't bite me too.
  2. H

5r55e, loses drive when hot but reverse ok; when cold works 1-2->D and has reverse

Car has big BM trans cooler and inline trans filter at 143k. Put 7k on it, moved to San Diego from MA with it. I'm on my way to work in the early AM, to get going I slip trans into 1->2->D once I hit 10 or so, has always been the method to get going. I hop on highway fine, 25 miles of...
  3. H

Car has big BM trans cooler and inline trans filter at 143k. Put 7k on it, moved to San Diego from MA with it. I'm on my way to work in the early AM, to get going I slip trans into 1->2->D once I hit 10 or so, has always been the method to get going. I hop on highway fine, 25 miles of...
  4. H

Which Oil filter do I need?

BITOG is an excellent resource, I couldn't tell you how many hours I have spent reading about seemingly trivial details on fluids and filters. I bought a Fram Tough Guard PH8A (basic model, orange can of death) to use for my inline trans filter (as a break in filter to catch whatever was...
  5. H

Which Oil filter do I need?

My 99 4.0 EB uses the 3/4-16 filter thread. Motorcraft FL1A is the basic, but I would recommend the Fram Ultra XG8A for only a couple bucks more at Walmart. Excellent filtration at 20 microns and good for 15k intervals, the best bang for buck top shelf filter IMO.
Back