Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Took my 1st test drive of a 2016 Sport

The "S" instead of the "D" on the shifter puts the transmission into a sport mode - quicker downshifts and holds gears longer before upshifting. I haven't found it to be as dramatically different as the D/S shift programs on some other vehicles, but it does make some difference.
  2. I

Stock Stereo in 2016 Sport with 401A package

I'd love to see a breakdown of what percentage of their listeners are on free trial subscriptions that came with their cars - must be pretty high to warrant the constant self-promotion...
  3. I

Stock Stereo in 2016 Sport with 401A package

The Sony system in the '16 Sport sounds really good to me, but the source has a huge impact on the quality. When I listed an HD FM station, it sounds great. When I listen to my old iPhone plugged into the USB jack, it's excellent. When I listen to Sirius...well...I don't listen to Sirius...
  4. I

Took my 1st test drive of a 2016 Sport

I've actually been very impressed with the performance of my '16 Sport. Perhaps it's just the fact that the vehicle is so heavy that makes the acceleration feel impressive, but this Explorer replaced my '13 BMW 328xi, and the Explorer feels at least equal to the 3 series, if not a little...
Back