Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Disable LED Signature Lights

I swapped my headlights with the police prep so they are still gloss black with no signatures. The only issue is the signatures act as the “parking lights” where the base/PIU Use the Amber turns instead. And that’s hardwired. There’s no programming to it. My dealer didn’t want to inspect my...
  2. M

Daytime Running Lights - 2017 Explorer Limited

Never found a forscan code for the signature lights. The sigs are actually programmed and wired as the parking lights. My vehicle didn’t pass inspection once I had them nixed. As far as changing when they come on automatically, Never got that solved.
  3. M

Daytime Running Lights - 2017 Explorer Limited

When i tried, whether it was in the IPC or not, checked or not, it did not work. Low beams still stayed on. ( in reference to the video to put park lamps on)
  4. M

It was mentioned you might have been able to disable the signature lighting with Forscan. If so...

It was mentioned you might have been able to disable the signature lighting with Forscan. If so, how'd you do it? I'm trying to enable the turn lamps to functions as the park lamps like in the base and PI models. Just can't seem to make it happen.
  5. M

2017 headlight swap

Any insights into what BCM changes need made. I have gone away from the signature lights and cannot find an address or configuration that allows a transition from the signature lights to the base ones, and back like naperry was looking for? I have used the fusion and F150 spreadsheets for help...
  6. M

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

I never tried to use those. Do you have the links?
  7. M

any idea what "frequency type" and "headlamp type" do?
  8. M

cool. do you know what the "frequency" and "headlamp type" settings are for? I want to get my turn lamps to work with my low beams. I will try your modification tomorrow night and see how it goes for me. thanks.
  9. M

would you have any idea what the "frequency" and "headlamp type" choices are on that BCM screen? I never got the DRL menu to do anything, much like yours.
  10. M

In my 17 sport, i just used the non-as built BCM menu and it allows you to enable both dark mode and Silent 5 mode. on the 17 both have to be on.
  11. M

2017 headlight swap

Yes, the ballasts are different between the two configurations, presumably due to the second set of LEDs in the lamp.
  12. M

2017 headlight swap

The headlamp type didn't change any functions, as I believe it has to do with the DRLs. I did not have time to go through line by line with the ABD but I did have all three up, trying to see. My only issue was there are a lot of lines of code there and I didn't want to change anything that might...
  13. M

Help? Setting Dark Mode in 2017 to keep interior lights off when doors are opened?

I figured it out just now. On the 2017 explorer to get all 4 menus (Nav, Climate, Phone and entertainment) the FORScan code is: IPC 720-05-01 xxBx xxxx xxzz The spreadsheet has an 8, but that removes the other menus. Place the letter B instead, it gave me all four.
  14. M

2017 headlight swap

I actually swapped mine down from the ones with the Signature LEDs. Only now the amber lights don't turn on as parking lamps like in the base and PI models. So just low beams. Turn signals are fine. All the harnesses are compatible. The only difference is the computer not knowing which lamp is...
  15. M

2017 headlight swap

Does anyone know how to program the headlamps to use the amber parking lights instead of the LED signature surrounds? I'm still looking to see if anyone made it work. I replaced the lamps with the base model without signatures in them and the amber lights still don't turn on. Trying to figure...
  16. M

I figured it out just now. On the 2017 explorer to get all 4 menus (Nav, Climate, Phone and entertainment) the FORScan code is: IPC 720-05-01 xxBx xxxx xxzz The spreadsheet has an 8, but that removes the other menus. Place the letter B instead, it gave me all four.
  17. M

This happened to me as well. Did you get the IPC menus fixed?
  18. M

FORScan 2017 Explorer Sport

The temp on the dash is in the forscan spreadsheet from platinumowner. You can search on here. Or I will look it up. Works fine. When you added the climate menu did you lose the audio and nav menus? I only have Phone and climate now.
  19. M

Thanks for the clarification. It works when I push the mirror button while in reverse. There was no mention (i saw) that it didn't dip automatically when in reverse. Thanks again.
  20. M

Ford changed something between '16 and '17, the signature lamps stay on all the time now. in the '16 they could be turned off in "auto" mode.
  21. M

2017 headlight swap

I got Dark mode to work. You had to activate silent mode as well on the ‘17s. Worked perfect with forscan. Now just have to wait a few weeks to see how headlight swap goes. Couldn’t find an answer to signature lights.
  22. M

Help? Setting Dark Mode in 2017 to keep interior lights off when doors are opened?

For the ‘17 models “Dark Car” doesn’t do anything. You have to enable “Silent mode” aka Silent 5, In addition to Dark Car. Worked swimmingly with FORScan. Dealers could easily do it too.
  23. M

FORScan: Enable Average Speed (& RPM if your IPC supports it)

Also I have tried other settings I'd like to report the findings on for the spreadsheet, but did not know how to contact.
  24. M

FORScan: Enable Average Speed (& RPM if your IPC supports it)

i have a '17 with the IPC 2 display (sport). The AWD gauge is default: 2... when changing to 4 or C the AWD gauge disappears and the avg speed appears under fuel econ. Never does a RPM avg show up.
  25. M

Add Intelligent AWD gauge and engine/idle hours to explorer 13+

I tried the AWD gauge/speed/rpm on my '17...the AWD gauge is defaulted. which is a 2 on the spreadsheet. When i changed the setting to 4 or C the AWD gauge disappeared but i got the avg speed gauge under fuel economy instead. never an avg RPM. Not a huge deal, but didn't know who to report the...
Back