Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

4.0 to a 5.0 swap need help

Yea I swapped the one on the firewall. The problem is that when the key is in the on position I am getting juice to the exciter wire on the solenoid. I'm not suppose to get juice there until I turn the key from on to ignition. Or from accessories to ignition I should say. I drove the donor...
  2. S

4.0 to a 5.0 swap need help

So I put a 5.0 in my truck but I'm having trouble here. It turns over in the on position. I tried taking the engine bay harness from the donor truck and putting it in but no luck same thing. How much am I suppose to take from the donor truck to make this work and yes I switched the ecm
  3. S

How to: SOHC V6 Timing Chain Parts Removal Procedure

Hey bud can you send me the procedure you were talking about? I have a good grasp on it but would like to go by some directions.
  4. S

5.0 swap need help

Thanks bud. I found a 1356 that will bolt up manual shift or of a f150. In 96 they made 2wd v8 explorers that's where I got my donor motor. I've got it almost all figured out just need to find shift linkages now for the transfer case. I'll probably have to send my drive shafts to heavy fleet to...
  5. S

5.0 swap need help

Also this is that automatic 4x4 where you can still select 4x4 or 2x4 but as soon as the abs detects wheel slip it puts power 50/50 to both Axles. When it is in 2x4 is actual 93/7 power to the Axles
  6. S

5.0 swap need help

Well it has to have 2 plugs on the tcase because it has the one plug for the shift motor to shift into 4x4 and then it also has a speed sensor on the back of the tcase. I figured out that the 4r70w 2wd is different because of the the longer spline. So I just bought a 4x4 4r70w and it will work...
  7. S

5.0 swap need help

Hey I'm swapping my 4.0 ohc with a 5.0 I was dummy and forgot to check one critical component to my donor truck. It's only 2 wheel drive. Well I was looking at adapters to put my 4405 transfer case on and I can see that they make adapter gaskets but I can't find the adapter its self. Also I'm...
Back