Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. no1plantman

Door hinges

nope, too worn out for that. Need new hinges
  2. no1plantman

Door hinges

Anyone know a source to get upper and lower hinges for a 99 Explorer Sport?
  3. no1plantman

I'm no mechanic, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

I'm no mechanic, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.
  4. no1plantman

Awful vibration and body roll.

Tires are 3 years old, maybe have 20K on them. they aren't an issue, had em checked and balanced when I had them rotated. No vibration or body roll prior to work being done.
  5. no1plantman

Awful vibration and body roll.

I looked and looked, but couldn't find anything that would help me from previous posts. I have a 99 sport ( 4.0 SOHC) 2WD. I had a friend replace the rear sway bar links as well as the front links and body bushings. also 4 new rotors, two calipers and pads all the way around. Everything looks...
  6. no1plantman

Window regulator

I had to replace the regulator, got it out with no problem. Almost lost my finger taking the motor off. Yes, I rushed and didn't bother to secure the armature. Nasty gash. Anyway, I do not see the window clips on the new reg. Called the store (thinking it was perhaps defective) they said that's...
  7. no1plantman

Replacing the Window Regulator, I cut off my thumb!!!

wish I had come here prior to attempting motor removal. I just about severed my left pointer finger off this past Thursday. Problem was, I knew, just as the original poster did, that I needed to secure the armature and neglected to do so. Hell of a way to start the New Year.
  8. no1plantman

Intake

Stripped out bolt holes where the intake mounts. Anyone know what size helicoil and drill to use?
  9. no1plantman

IAC valve

Awesome, that was exactly what I had in mind. thanks
  10. no1plantman

IAC valve

Streetrod, could I use flexible tubing to replace that hard plastic, very expensive tube?
  11. no1plantman

IAC valve

anybody got the part number and name for that PITA plastic tube that goes from the IAC to the air intake tube?
  12. no1plantman

Intake plenum

Thank you.
  13. no1plantman

Intake plenum

Thanks for the cleaning tips. The intake kit did not include the o ring
  14. no1plantman

Intake plenum

Anyone have the best method to clean build up from the upper and lower air intakes? Mine are not too bad, but seeing as I have them off to replace the gaskets, I figured what the hell. Also, there is not a single parts store that carries that damn EGR o- ring!
  15. no1plantman

Door Chime

Any wya to completely eliminate that bugger? Hate hearing it when I need the door open and the key in the on position or acc.
  16. no1plantman

high rpm at start

I just replaced all gaskets when I pulled the engine to do the timing chains replacement. I guess they could have gone bad in only a year and a half.
  17. no1plantman

high rpm at start

I have looked but got tired. I start my explorer (99sport 4.0 SOHC) and she tachs up at 2000 and then as soon as the rpm starts dropping she stalls. Does this about three times and then she starts and idles at 500-800. I have cleaned the throttle body, MAF sensor and cannot find any vac leaks...
  18. no1plantman

Battery or Not?

14.37 at battery and alt when running. Battery at 12.34 off and alt at 13.26 off
  19. no1plantman

Battery or Not?

what should the alt be reading tyo determine that it is the culprit?
  20. no1plantman

Battery or Not?

My 99 4.0 SOHC Sport is acting funny, started surging, like flipping a light switch off and on and the led display and speedo were whack. I get 12.35 with the truck off and 12.35 with the truck running and lights and radio on. The minute I turn the AC/heater on, she dies. any takers?
  21. no1plantman

Instruments going crazy/fuel surges?

I looked, but couldn't find my exact problem in the past threads/posts. Long story short. Over the last two weeks my engine light (99 Explorer Sport 4.0sohc) came on, pulled codes and ended replacing all 4 o2 sensors (not as hard as I thought it would be). No engine light, I'm happy. Engine...
  22. no1plantman

Instruments going crazy/fuel surges?

I looked, but couldn't find my exact problem in the past threads/posts. Long story short. Over the last two weeks my engine light (99 Explorer Sport 4.0sohc) came on, pulled codes and ended replacing all 4 o2 sensors (not as hard as I thought it would be). No engine light, I'm happy. Engine...
  23. no1plantman

O2 sensors

I had code pulled and it shows both banks as faulty. I looked on line and some places show that I can use the same sensor for both banks and yet some show a different sensor per side? HELP!
  24. no1plantman

doing shocks

Ok all you Explorer nuts, what's the best shock to install on my Explorer Sport?
Back