Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 4

Farewell to my Explorer

Your post reminded me that I also ditched the Hankooks because of ride issues. A set of Michelin Defenders and a road force balance solved the problem.
  2. 4

Farewell to my Explorer

I have refrained from trashing the Explorer as I recognize that my experience may have been an outlier. We got off to a rough start when the vehicle was delivered with an ABS fault that took at least half a dozen trips and 3 different dealers to resolve. There is a low speed surging issue with...
  3. 4

Farewell to my Explorer

Traded the 17 Explorer Platinum for an 18 Edge Titanium. Same colour inside and out so it looks like we took the Explorer through the carwash and it shrunk;). Just too many problems with the Explorer in 20 months/25,000 miles of ownership and with all the long haul driving we do it just wasn't...
  4. 4

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

They are replacing the hood on my 2017 due to corrosion. When I took it into the dealership the bubbling was in many spots along the leading edge, not just the spot in the middle that I noticed originally. If all goes well the new hood will be in and painted by Friday so they can install it...
  5. 4

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

My 2017 has started to bubble at the front edge of the hood. Unbelievable that this would start within 18 months of build date! Whatever happened to quality is job 1? 6 model years in you’d think they would get there act together. Do the aluminum body F150 have the same issues with corrosion?
  6. 4

ABS light, Descent Control Fault, and Traction Control Lights

I had this problem with mine. It started right after delivery with the dash lighting up with multiple warning lights and messages. Very intermittent and took about 6 trips over 10 months to dealers in Ottawa, Florida and PEI. They started by replacing the ABS module and it was good for about 4...
  7. 4

How to get real-time traffice updates in Naviation (2017)

I thought I read somewhere that we were supposed to get 5 years of Sirius traffic, or is that only South of the 49th parallel?
  8. 4

SYNC 3 latest version

Just updated my 2017 to ver 2.3 build 17109 from 2.0 build ???? over wifi. Haven't had a chance to check for differences. Release notes would be nice. Maybe they will be there when the update registers on owner.ford.com
  9. 4

Preemptive Timing Chain replacement?

Interesting story on the CBC this morning about unnecessary car repairs. It's based upon Canadian dealers but I'm sure the same thing happens elsewhere. http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/marketplace-dealerships-service-upselling-1.4300557
  10. 4

How do I recalibrate the GPS?

I had a similar problem with MFT in my 2011 Edge. As far as I remember it was a tire calibration issue and once the vehicle was set for the actual tire size by the dealer it was much better. In my case it was because I was running winter tires off a 2010 Edge and there was enough difference...
  11. 4

Some general Sync 3 questions..

I'd be happy if they pushed 2.2 out to those of us stuck at 2.0
  12. 4

Hmm pizza

From reddit because I was wondering how it happened 2017 Explorer with only two payments made. The driver stated he was driving down a back road at night and glanced down at his phone. In that instant, the truck drifted off the road and his right front tire hit some gravel. That's all it...
  13. 4

dealership said do NOT run higher octane in sport

Just for clarity, taking into account the differences between US and Imperial gallons and US and Canadian dollars, the equivalent US prices would be for 87 ~ $US 3,03 while 91 goes for ~ $US 3.60 and 94 would be ~ $US 3.69. An Imperial gallon is about 20% bigger than a US gallon and a US dollar...
  14. 4

Thule or Yakima Hitch bike rack

I went with the Swagman Traveler XC2. You have to remove. the bikes to open the hatch but I liked the price (under $140) and how it supports the bikes from the wheels instead of the crossbar. http://www.swagman.net/product/xc2-platform-hitch-rack/
  15. 4

Sync 3 and Navigation Map Updates

I contacted customer service from the ford.navigation.com web site and this is the reply I got
  16. 4

Question from the UK!

Here's a couple of links that should give you some idea. Looks like you can fit 6 carry on size suitcases behind the 3rd row. Tell everyone to pack light! Centre position in middle row is pretty punishing on a long trip unless you're really light and skinny...
  17. 4

Terrain Management / AdvanceTrac System Errors

Do you happen to know the part number of the piece that they replaced? I have a similar intermittent fault and dealers have had no luck in tracking it down. Thanks.
  18. 4

2017 Explorer Sync 3 Display Goes Black, then reboots.

It's happened to mine a couple of times as well.
  19. 4

2017 Explorer Platinum Purchase Report

Mine does the same. I've found that it only happens for me when the vehicle is at operating temperature and you shut it off for a few minutes. Steering at full lock makes no difference. Recreated it for dealer in Florida where I was at the time and they were able to get a new vehicle on their...
  20. 4

Intelligent Access Key fob programming

It's working now. An important safety tip is that you only have 10 seconds between the 2nd press for each key and the next key. Full instructions form the Mustang owners manual are Place the first programmed key in the backup slot, then press the push button ignition switch. Wait five seconds...
  21. 4

Intelligent Access Key fob programming

Just tried this with a 17 Platinum and no joy. Key itself seems to be working as when going through the remote start procedure, it flashes the red LED at me to say that it failed. Need to decide to try another key off eBay and try again or pay the dealership to add. I'm wondering if something...
  22. 4

Best halogen headlight bulbs, 9005 or 9011?

Looking at these light bars there certainly appears to be a link between number of LEDs and lumens http://www.roughcountry.com/lighting-and-accessories/lights.html
  23. 4

2017 Explorer ABS module failure

The saga continues... After a few months of relatively trouble free driving the car started throwing the same ABS suite of errors although this time it was also losing the external temperature display. I took it into Mulinax Ford in New Smyrna Beach as I'm in Florida for a few months and they...
  24. 4

Adding Homelink Garage Door Opener

i used to use this on a convertible I had when I didn't want to lose the opener when the top was left down. https://www.flashtoopen.com
  25. 4

12V lighter sockets

It's there, you need to look again. It's under a small black cover on the front edge of the console towards the drivers side.
Back