Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2020 Explorer Transmission

I can only speak about 2020 but sport mode absolutely changes the suspension. Noticeably.
  2. T

2020 Explorer Transmission

I found that the transmission does this in Sport mode. Much better body control but the throttle response isn't good. I'm going to try and see, once mine is delivered, if I can some how change the programming of sport to only address the chassis control and leave the throttle as normal.
  3. T

Separate wheels/tpms, definitive edition for 2016+ explorers.

TPMS Tire rotation I'm sure this has been covered, and I apologize for inquiring again but couldn't find anything on the search. I recently rotated my tires and the tire pressure readings are in the wrong locations. How long does it take for the car to pick up the change of positions. I'm...
  4. T

FordPass SmartLink

Voice command. Touch screen. Response time. GPS mapping. Everything is better than GMs system. Better than Audi also
  5. T

FordPass SmartLink

I completely disagree. SYNC 3 is so absolutely a superior infotainment and Nav system to GM. Onstar is great but I’d gladly give it up for benefits if SYNC 3. Everyone that’s taken a ride with me agrees.
  6. T

FordPass SmartLink

It’s just like remote start with keyfob. Works great for commuters.
  7. T

FordPass SmartLink

Remote start rocks. Especially when it’s really cold or really hot out.
  8. T

FordPass SmartLink

Onstar charges. Actually more $$ than ford.
  9. T

FordPass SmartLink

Has anyone purchased this yet and plugged it in? Install is so easy from what I've seen. How is the app? Curious before spending the money.
  10. T

Key storage while cycling or running

Just ordered something like this from Amazon. Thanks for all the information.
  11. T

The problem I just realized it is even if the key is hidden in the car, because the transmitter is in the car, if someone breaks in and push the start button in the car will start. Anyway around this. Any kind of package you can put it into shield the transmitter
  12. T

I often cycle from my car. Wondering if anyone has felt comfortable enough locking the key and transmitter in the car in the armrest and using the door code to lock and unlock the car. Always fearful I'll return to an empty spot!!
  13. T

Alphabetizing Favorites with Sync 3

Has anyone figured out how to do this. First Nav I've ever had that doesn't do this automatically. Kind of silly that it saves them in the order they were entered. Would love some advice.
  14. T

Rear license plate hardware

I think as long as it's tightly screwed down top and bottom, it's not going to move or vibrate. If it bothers you, ask weathertech to replace it. I'd be fine with it.
  15. T

Rear license plate hardware

Mine fits perfectly. From weathertech as well. Maybe defective plate cover if it's got a curve to it? Post pic....
  16. T

Hood Struts ??

Jason, thanks. Please keep us posted. Want to definitely jump on this.
  17. T

Time for tires

Sorry Peter. Realize where he was heading now.
  18. T

Time for tires

Material's composition. That's the difference. The two tires look exactly the same, but side by side one is like 15% lighter. Made with different compound and construction.
  19. T

Time for tires

The difference between the regular AS and the AS+ is "eco friendliness". The plus is made with less material, thus lighter. Lower reciprocating mass means better mileage, in theory. They say 6%. Only time will tell. Also, because of lower rolling resistance, the treadlife is longer. Again...
  20. T

Time for tires

Great choice. I just got through using them over this last week. One day of VERY HEAVY RAIN and then 14 inches of snow. Handled very well in both conditions, and rock in the dry. Best choice I think I could have made. Haven't seen a mileage increase, but still hoping once I get to some...
  21. T

Time for tires

Peter, here is tire rack survey results. Reviewed all their tests also. Seemed the best compromise for me. Time will tell. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=CSTAS
  22. T

Time for tires

So, I was SERIOUSLY not impressed with the OEM Hankook tires on my 2017 Platinum. Snow and wet weather traction was scary at best. So, after much research, on Friday I swapped out the Hankook for a set of Pirelli Scorpian Verde All Season Plus tires. They're supposed to be "eco friendly" by...
  23. T

Goodbye Blue Ovals!

Like I said, the ones I eventually got on ebay; the link above, are REALLY nice quality.
  24. T

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

All Explorers come with blue ovals. The EXPLORER name only comes on the hood of Sports from what I've seen.
Back