Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

2003 XLT Front metallic "popping" noise.

if its a steady ticking noise coming from the transmission, it may a loose flex plate bolt..
  2. 0

05 Possible head gasket issue - white smoke from engine bay

steam from engine bay is coolant you have a leak, hose thermostat heater hose,something like that.. most likely not head gasket they tend to leak internally and come out the exhaust..
  3. 0

2003 XLT Front metallic "popping" noise.

check for a cracked spring or broken strut
  4. 0

Engine or Transmission Swap?

First off you may have antifreeze in the oil and oil in you antifreeze, may want to check these first. since you put the stop leak in... the head gasket may be from overheating, the 4th option is to get a head from the junk yard and a new head gasket, put the new head and gasket in replace all...
  5. 0

AC compressor noise

open the fill cap for the power steering reservoir after turning the wheels back and forth a few times. see if there is foam or a lot of bubbles in the fluid. If so lift both front wheels off the ground loosen the fill cap,[do not remove it] turn the wheels by hand not with the steering wheel...
  6. 0

Door wiring

the door ajar may not be a broken wire ..it is a stuck switch in the latch of one of your doors..spray all the door latches one at a time with wd40 and open and close the door you sprayed 4/5 times check light,move on to the next door. worked on 2 of my mountaineers
  7. 0

U joint hmmm?

If you can get under the truck put the truck in neutral and push up and down on the drive shaft and side to side to see if there is play at the u-joint
  8. 0

U joint hmmm?

if you can do brakes you can do the u-joints harbor freight has a ball joint tool that pushes u-joints out fairly easy, if you have a 12 point 1/2 inch socket the drive shaft comes out in about 15 mins after you have all 4 wheels off the ground if you have 4x4...you will need to rotate the shaft...
  9. 0

Anyone tried 1 inch body lift and 2 inch front coil spacers?

i have an 05 mountaineer i just put a set of those same cooper tires on it, there is a thread 1.5 inch body lift for 50 bucks, so that's what i did, it was about $70 for the stuff needed to do the lift. i bought all new bolts and one extra spacer..for those tires to work you will need 2"...
  10. 0

04 Rough idle problem

How to Fix a Rough Idle on Ford Explorer! PCV Vacuum Leak $5.00
  11. 0

Locked ignition - theft light blinking

Make sure the key goes in all the way,if you are sure it does (do not force the key in to hard ) try a little wd40 not too much though, it is an electrical switch. if it does not go in all the way, and someone has been messing with it like you thought, there might be something stuck in the...
  12. 0

2002 Explorer XLT vehicle security module

its not that hard to replace, just a bit tough to get to..The only tools needed a ratchet 7 or 9mm socket, and a 45 torx bit for the seat belt .. you dont have to take the seat belt bolt off,i think the first time i took it out it took abut 45 mins..I got better at it cause i took mine apart...
  13. 0

Ok i did misunderstand you,i had the same issue with my 05 mountaineer, i took the module out and put a heat gun to the circuit board and really toasted it, it worked for a little while but went out again.. got one from the junk yard $20 i think.Its a bit of a pain to get to but its on the...
  14. 0

you my have a broken wire in the drivers door jam ,or the door lock actuators are bad,if you press the door lock button inside the truck on the door [not the key fob]and the doors dont unlock,its not the module..
  15. 0

Locked ignition - theft light blinking

the key wont turn? The theft device wont turn off until the key is turned, to the on position...
  16. 0

Where is the TCC fuse?

that means the toque converter is not in lock up mode,and is not fully engaged,or slippage. turn off the od button on the shifter at 55 there should be two shifts when you turn the od button back on. One being od and the second is your torque converter in full lock up..
  17. 0

Can a New wheel bearing change cause a blinking O/D OFF & P1744?

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/p1744_ford.html
  18. 0

Rear wheel vibration

Very good point 2Trux, did you replace the rims?
  19. 0

cranks but wont start

I'm thinking you have the 4.0,I would be looking at spark, if the plugs are wet from gas may have a bad coil. the aftermarket coil packs have been known to have issues....
  20. 0

My dealer can't find the body part...Can you?

I own 3 Mountaineers they are all cracked LOL ...I learned to close the lift gate right in the center where the emblem is,I believe they brake when they are close at the corner of the lift gate..
  21. 0

My dealer can't find the body part...Can you?

Liftgate Applique Panel they all crack
  22. 0

Wet carpet and pad, passenger side

good to hear
  23. 0

Wet carpet and pad, passenger side

It could be your evaporator case drain ,,,,when you use your a/c your evaporator condenses water on it and there is a built in drain in the case so the water will drain out of the truck ,,, if the drain hole has gotten plugged up ,, then the water would back up and leak into the truck ... If you...
  24. 0

02 engine hesitation question

what engine is in the truck?
  25. 0

How to: 1.5" body lift for less than $50

i did my 05 mounty i bought all new bolts..Expect the front to be a pita..the only part of the front i had a small issue with was the center part of the grill, Mine was cracked when i bought the truck,.and i did not remove the steering shaft. I removed the bolts from one side of the truck and...
Back