Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Car Starts, runs for 5 Minutes Then .....

Looks like a problem I just recently solved, read the link below and then use a scanner to watch STFT's climbing, fuel pump DC command % lowering, and commanded equivalence ratio dropping. Your symptoms are identifcal to mine where the engine ran itself lean to the point of stalling over several...
  2. W

2004 Mercury Mountaineer Ford Explorer Idle Rough and Stalling Solved

Posting this title to help people on the internet search and find the usefull diagnostics related to a cheap generic fuel pressure sensor.. Link to the original thread. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/please-help-me-hptuner-scanner-log-file-attached.457341/
  3. W

Please Help me, HPTuner Scanner log file attached

It was an inferior generic fuel sensor from Ebay. It did not show much movement in fuel pressure and was pretty much minimum reading of 41 psi which had the fuel pump control circuit slowing down its command to lower the pressure untill the engine eventually stalled. It is now fixed with a good...
  4. W

The problem is solved as discussed above. There is no schrader valve to do external fuel pressure checks on these models. I had to use external wideband AFR to check indirectly that I was indeed lean and lacking fuel. I guess they expect an accurate pressure sensor and you can see the pressure...
  5. W

There is no IAC on these models they have ETC and the PCM uses the throttle position motor to control idle.
  6. W

2004 Mercury Mountaineer AWD 4.0L Flex Fuel. Started to idle crap and stall when warm. It's my daughters car and she got stranded. When I arrived it started fine and I drove it home to work on it. IF you are driving it seems to be okay, when you slow down close to idle it becomes a problem. I...
Back