Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

code P1443

Check the obvious first? What could that be? lol
  2. B

code P1443

I have a 98 Explorer XLT SOHC and the CEL is on. I had it checked at Advanced Auto Parts, the code they came up with is P1443. Does anyone know what that is? Thanks.
  3. B

hesitation/bucking/uneven idle/loss of power '97 Explorer

I am now in the process of getting a replacement 98 Explorer for my son, am I nuts?
  4. B

Well.......I had the motor remanufactured, and it ran great, like new. After about 3 weeks my son got into an accident in it and totalled it. He remembers hearing some kind of clicking noise before getting in the accident. He remembers nothing else but someone knocking on the window trying to...
  5. B

How many miles do you have on it?
  6. B

Yes, the fuel pressure was checked.
  7. B

I am having the motor rebuilt, should be done this week. But I heard that last week too! They are waiting for some parts to come in.
  8. B

I am strongly considering a remanufactured motor instead of a used one.
  9. B

I didn't get it from a used car dealer, a private party.
  10. B

I have taken the Explorer to another mechanic, a Ford dealer. They have come up with a similar diagnosis. It is a mechanical problem, cam shaft, timing. They suggested it may be better to replace the motor. Is it worth it? $3000 or so for a used motor.
  11. B

I have had the 97 Explorer in and out of the shop for the last month. The mechanic has run test after test and has now told me that he thinks the problem is that the timing jumped (whatever that means) and will costs thousands of dollars to repair. He says the compression is 120 and should be...
  12. B

I got the new IAC and installed it, still the same symptoms. How do I check the fuel pressure and test for vacuum leaks? Where is the fuel pump to listen to? How would I know if it is a clogged cat (I am assuming catalytic converter)? Where and how do you clean the throttle body?
  13. B

I have the SOHC, automatic. The engine light has never come on. I have changed the fuel filter, spark plugs, spark plug wires and pcv valve. I did reset the battery. Thanks for your help. I ordered a new IAC from Napa, it will be in tomorrow morning, hopefully that is the answer. What do...
  14. B

Okay. I finally got to it. I cleaned the MAF and the IAC. The problem is still there, especially at low rpms. And in addition, I have a humming sound which I didn't have before. Now what do I do? I originally bought a replacement IAC from Advance Auto parts, brought it home and it didn't...
  15. B

Thanks. Any details on how to clean the MAF sensoor. I found a thread on the IAC, but not the MAF.
  16. B

This is my first time posting here. I have a 97 Explorer that I recently purchased for my son. It recently started to run unevenly, hesitate, and have reduced power. It is a 6 cylinder, has 98k miles. I bought it when it had 90k on it, and it ran flawlessly until recently. Upon noticing...
Back