Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

98 3.0L Engine Replacement questions

I've got a 98 A/T 2WD Ranger with a bad engine. I've located a salvage engine (same vin code) from a 99 M/T Ranger. 1.) I'm assuming the only difference will be the flywheel - will the A/T flex plate bolt right up with no issues? 2.) More general question - can the engine be pulled w/o opening...
  2. O

2000 5.0 Ex Base Timing????

Re-installed the Sync and Cam Sensor - no improvement. So I disconnected the battery to reset the computer. Problem solved! Not sure what PO'd the PCM but it's gone now. On to the rear main seal:)
  3. O

that's exactly what I'm trying to rule out. If the base ignition timing is 10*BTDC and the timing light indicates ignition timing at 10*BTDC at idle (which it does while the engine is still cold) then the balancer hasn't shifted and the TDC mark is an accurate reference point. If #1 is at...
  4. O

Yup. Used the OTC tool. Installed sync at TDC (0 indicated on the balancer). I was trying to confirm that the indicated TDC is correct and it sounds like it is as at cold start the ignition timing is steady at 10*BTDC which I think is exactly where it's supposed to be. Thus the marks on the...
  5. O

That helps but it also means that my Haynes manual doesn't. Is there a base timing setting for the 2000 - EEC-V right? Should the timing at idle (warm) be 20*BTDC? Given the only change was the cam sync and position sensor, I've got think that's where the rough idle is coming from.
  6. O

I'm trying to establish that the base ignition timing on my 2000 5.0 is 10*BTDC. I can not locate a SPOUT connector - does the 2000 model have one? If so, where in the hell did they hide it? Currently the timing light indicates it's at 10*BTDC on cold start and it idles normally. Once it...
  7. O

Buyers Guide?

I've been looking around for 2 days now and can't seem to find anything on the web - did find this site though. I've got a 93 XLT with 215K on it and am looking to replace it. What I'd like to find is a resource that lists out by model year what was standard and optional for each trim level...
Back