Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

4 Wheel Drive settings almost killed me

I do have to mention that the EX is much more fun in the snow when it's in "sand" mode! Take it out on some empty snow-covered roads and give it some gas! It moves! There is really not too much need to ever switch out of "normal". The Explorer is actually fairly aggressive in the traction...
  2. M

Ford ESP at dealer cost to forum members

Thank you for the hard work Blwnsmoke. I would be very interested in a Canadian dealer who wants to cut us forum members a deal. We are the Ford fans that we hope Ford Motor Co. wants to keep around! I don't think I will need the extended warranty, but its one of those things that are good to...
  3. M

Explorer Carbon Monoxide CO Detector Install

Is anyone out there using a meter to detect carbon monoxide in the cabin of their Explorer? If so, what brand? How do you find it works? Do you think it is reasonably accurate? How fast does it respond? I am trying to find a reasonably priced accurate carbon monoxide meter and I just...
  4. M

2017 Explorer Platinum Purchase Report

If you call in production since 2009 new(and in prototype even earlier), then I guess they are new. But, they are still built on the Duratec engine, which isn't new. They just changed a few things and the intake to make the ecoboost. So, I would still argue they are pretty well tested out...
  5. M

2017 Explorer Platinum Purchase Report

I'm not sure why we have a dedicated group of alarmist people around here for some reason. Given that the Explorer is SO popular, there is absolutely no proof that longevity will be an issue at all. It's not like the engines being used in the Explorer are a new design or anything. They are...
  6. M

Uncomfortable front seats

I just picked up my 2017 Explorer XLT last week and I love the seats. I can understand some of you thinking they are too short, but I am around 5'7 and they are great to sit in! If you are tall, I'm not sure how they would feel. But for me, the lumbar support is good and the seats can adjust...
  7. M

2016 vibration

Maybe you should get them to take the tires off again and just check the rims without any tires on them, or test out a different set of tires/rims from another vehicle and see if the problem is solved. It sounds odd that they have to go through that much trouble to get a tire to balance. It...
  8. M

2016 vibration

Is the dealer sure that it's not the rims themselves that have something wrong with them? Perhaps the tires won't balance because the rims have an issue and the weights help, but won't fix the issue.
  9. M

Anyone mechanically inclined want to explain how I can replace waterpump?

Although it might not be exactly the same, there are some youtube video's if you do a quick search on replacing the water pump in the Ford Flex or Ford Edge. Given that it's the same design in the engine, the steps should be similar and should give you an idea of what you are in for if you want...
  10. M

Track Your New Explorer Order Website

My 2017 Explorer XLT 201a has been "In Production" since late last week on the cotus website. It says I should get delivery in around 15 days from today. Right now, as far as I can tell from the window sticker, I think the production date will be March 16. I'm hoping it comes on time! I...
  11. M

Premium Sound System with 9 Speakers?

That's great information. Thank you. I may end up doing something similar after I get my Explorer. I just couldn't justify going up an extra $10,000 for a better stereo! hahaha.. It would have been a hard sell for my wife. At least I could likely change out a few speakers for some better...
  12. M

Water pump failure leads to dead engine

I think if you read my post, you will see that I never made such a claim. My post was more to the point that, this isn't a common problem considering the number of engines of this type that have been in so many different Ford models. If you really believe that this is such a HUGE problem...
  13. M

Well, I am no mechanic to say what can happen to the Toyota but some people in this thread have complained about the price of the pump to get it changed and I am pointing out that this is a fairly common configuration these days. Given how many of these engines have been produced, I don't think...
  14. M

The bad news is that many of the new vehicles have the pumps built right into the engine and they are all just as much of a pain to get at as on the Explorer. So, I don't think this is just an Explorer problem. Go watch a video online of replacing a Highlander pump too. Just as many steps as...
  15. M

Track Your New Explorer Order Website

How did you get yours so fast Dave?! I ordered mine on 23JAN and I'm still waiting patiently. I also ordered the XLT, but as the 201A with white platinum paint, trailer package, tech package and a few little extras (mats, roof cross bars). So, here I wait with a car that has no brakes that I...
  16. M

New Prospective Owner

If you read the review of the Acadia vs the Explorer it is pretty obvious that I doubt the person who did the review took out either car. They erroneously said that the Explorer is only available with a 6 speaker stereo system and they listed only the features of the very base model, while...
  17. M

no treble control on sync 3 sound setting menue

Could it be that you have the radio on some kind of setting that disables the different treble and bass controls, as they may be set at the digital signal processor? I don't have my explorer yet and mine won't have this stereo anyways, but I do know the Sony has different "modes" that process...
  18. M

Huge audio problem!

I think there is an option somewhere of a volume limiter, but I have never used it or seen it used. Perhaps worth checking out? From what I know it is in the mykey features. Just a thought.. Hope it all works out!
  19. M

New Prospective Owner

Keep in mind that, as far as I have seen in some articles, the Explorer is still one of the best selling SUV's on the market and it sells much higher numbers then the Toyota Highlander or SUV's like that.. So, given this, you are likely to see a few more breakdowns because of the high numbers...
  20. M

Premium Sound System with 9 Speakers?

Hey guys, I am new and from what I have read I think a lot of you guys seem to have the Platinum and Sport models around here, but I was wondering about the XLT Premium Audio with 9 speakers. There doesn't seem to be much information about the speaker configuration or the audio system in...
Back