Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

1999 Explorer Transfer Case Leak

So I was able to confirm that the fluid leaking out is from the transmission. I opened up the t-case fill hole and the fluid inside was very dirty. The oil leaking is pretty clean so I'm almost positive it didn't come from the t-case. I also tried torquing down the bolts. I was able to turn them...
  2. B

Do you know if there are any guides on here showing how to replace the seals? I'm not sure whether it is the transmission or the transfer case, but I've been checking the transmission fluid level via the dip stick and it seems okay. I just assumed it was the transfer case. I haven't actually...
  3. B

Hi, I have a 1999 Explorer V8 AWD and I have a leak coming from the front of the transfer case. I was hoping to get some ideas on what the issue could be and how I would go about fixing it. Would there be any harm in just topping off the oil every once in a while and just let it leak? I've also...
  4. B

Grease around CV Boot

Yeah, this is what I was originally thinking but I wanted to get an idea of why it would be concentrated near the cv joint. I just wiped it and checked again and couldn't find any tears. I also took a picture as best I could and added it to the first post. I was also thinking maybe I am just...
  5. B

Grease around CV Boot

Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice about a recent repair I had done on my 1999 Explorer V8 with AWD. My front differential recently blew up and I brought it to a mechanic to have it replaced with a new/used differential. While it was there, I also had them replace the front passenger...
Back