Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

For Sale 1998 Explorer parting out-Eddie Bauer trim pieces

They are mirror images of each other.
  2. G

Rear bumper bent down from rear end collision.

I was recently rear ended and it bent my rear bumper down. Actually it is the brackets that are bent. I can't find them anywhere. Can it be bent back into position?
  3. G

For Sale 1998 Explorer parting out-Eddie Bauer trim pieces

I have a 98 EB explorer. I need to fix my rear bumper. It is bent down from a rear end collision. I need the bumper mounting brackets. They are L shaped and have 4 holes. Can you help me out? The Ford part numbers are F87Z-17787-AA and F87Z-17788-AA
  4. G

Blend door repair

A few years ago I had to replace the blend door in the HVAC plenum. I had to cut a hole in the plastic plenum. The gorilla tape is not holding. Is there a way to glue it back together or rivet it? What kind of plastic is it made of and what kind of glue would I use?
  5. G

PATS Issue

Do those transponders go bad often? Do you think it is more likely to be the transponder than the PATS or PCM?
  6. G

PATS Issue

Occasionally, I am unable to start my engine. The theft light flashes rapidly then flashes once then a pause then flashes six times. According to what I researched, this code means faulty link between PATS and PCM. I took it to a NAPA service center and the mechanic told me it was due to an...
  7. G

Key in ignition warning chime.

There is a little contact mounted on my ignition key cylinder. It is blue plastic with a single piece of metal that inserts into the cylinder. Part of the plastic broke and it will not stay in the hole. Does anyone know where I can get a new one?
  8. G

Solved The driver's side power window is not working.

It wasn't a terminal point. It was where you said. It was a ground wire inside that large black boot inside the door jamb.
  9. G

It turned out to be a loose ground. Works good now. Thanks to all who gave me ideas.
  10. G

The clicking is coming from the one touch down relay. I just had the motor replaced last January. It is still under warranty, so I am taking it to the guy who fixed it. I am just asking here in case it may not be the motor.
  11. G

I get voltage at the connector when I press the buttons. Even when I have voltage, the motor still doesn't work. It has stopped again and I do have voltage at the connector. When it stops working it is day time and warm out. Last night when it worked, it was cooler. Can ambient temperature...
  12. G

I did. I get 12v when I push one way and -12v when I. Press the other way. I cleaned the connection and it still didn't work. I put the panel back on and checked again. Nothing. A few hours later I went to get my keys that I left in the ignition and just out of curiosity, I pressed the button...
  13. G

I have a 98 Explorer EB edition. I went to open my driver's side power window today and it would not work. It worked just fine two days ago. I press the down button and I hear two faint clicks under the dash. The clicks are about one second apart. Anyone have an idea where the trouble might be...
  14. G

Help! Where is the "one touch down" relay?

Section 18-04 of what? What are all the five digit numbers in perentheses? I am having this issue now, but all these numbers and codes don't tell me anything. Your procedure didn't work for me.
  15. G

Extensive wiring diagram

I found a wiring diagram book for a 2000. Would it be the same as the 98 or at least close?
  16. G

Extensive wiring diagram

Where is your signature?
  17. G

Extensive wiring diagram

Does anyone know where I can get an extensive wiring diagram for my 98 EB Explorer? I need more than what a Haynes manual can give me.
  18. G

Gremlins in Speedometer/Odometer

I jiggled all my fuses and the speedometer and odometer both started working again. I don't know what fuse was loose. Which fuse protects the speedo/odo circuit?
  19. G

Power seat motors

Yes, it's getting power. I took the entire seat track assembly out. The motor will turn just a small amount then stop. It is almost like it's binding on something. I have checked everything I could thing of. I lubed all the tracks and gears. The motor does nothing now. I think it is burned out...
  20. G

Power seat motor toast

Do you have access to power seat motor assembly for a 98 explorer?
  21. G

Power seat motors

I have a 98 explorer EB with a bad motor in the driver's seat. The motors come in an assembly of three. I have looked everywhere and cannot find the part number for the motor assembly. Can someone help me with the number?
Back