Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Goodbye!

With a heavy heart I must depart this most useful and friendly forum. My 2010 EB was totaled by an errant texter last week. Glad to say I walked out of a t bone at 45mph. The Explorer saved my life and minimized injuries. Just bought a low mileage Expedition King Ranch. I hope their forum is as...
  2. A

front wheel bearings

The torque preload is crucial for longevity. You may only get 5000 if not brought to about 190 ftlbs
  3. A

Struts

I but on UNITY quick struts and they are great, inexpensive and easy to install. Recommend
  4. A

Codes, codes and more codes

Thank you so much. I have done a lot of diy work myself so feel free to reach out Art
  5. A

Thank you, I was hoping it was not the pcm. Did you replace or ref lash the original?
  6. A

Getting the dreaded 0403 and 0443 codes. Installed new purge valve, EGR, and PCV ( what a pain in the butt) Even tried the connector cleaning trick suggested on this forum. Both are thrown within minutes of operation. Once cleared, can go all day without popping up. All of these new parts have...
  7. A

EGR valve replacements

Thank you Jawit
  8. A

EGR valve replacements

2010 Explorer EB, Going to change this week. Any thing to look out for?
  9. A

Some front end advice please

When changing bearing hub assemblies, the most important thing is to get the spindle nut torqued correctly. If you do not get to the proper spec, the bearings good fail and make a noise in less than 5k miles.
  10. A

Fronthub change out

Ok, guys, sincere thanks for all of your input. Based on input, I proceeded to change out the front drivers side bearing that was less than 10kmiles old. Upon removal and inspection, it was unbranded and was a lot lighter than the Moog replacement I picked up. Installed with all proper torques (...
  11. A

Fronthub change out

Thank you
  12. A

Fronthub change out

Thank you
  13. A

Fronthub change out

Thank you
  14. A

Fronthub change out

Thank you
  15. A

Fronthub change out

Thank you so much
  16. A

Fronthub change out

i was convinced that the whirring noise most pronounced at 40 x60 mph, was front left hub and axel bearing, until I got her jacked up and started to remove and replace. The hub had been clearly already changed as was the brake components. I bought t(is used and have put about 15k on it. The hub...
  17. A

Control arms with ball joints....what brand/part number did you use?

I went with all moon from Rock auto for the front end. Upper control arms, lower ball joints, Tie rod ends and sway links. Rides and steers like new . About 3k so far without issue.
  18. A

Feel like I won a bunch of money.

Typical? Yes. No noise just a general looseness and steering wheel wobble. Inspection showed me worn leaky shocks, prob orig. worn tie rod ends, worn ball joints and arm bushings. Good news is good MOOG parts are inexpensive and returned my vehicle to like new ride and handling.
  19. A

Door code

Dealer did mine in 15 min. Worth it!
  20. A

I do not have any symptoms therefore after this enlightenment and research, I will continue to drive what I consider a time bomb. It appears that Ford designed an engine that requires “extreme” labor for what is considered routine maintenance on most engines. Quite stupid I made got add. Coyote...
  21. A

Wow, I had not done research yet, thanks so much
  22. A

Ggiordano, thanks for timing mark tip. I will do it old school. mark myself when I am at TDC. Feel free to add any other tips.
  23. A

I am drying fro Connecticut to Florida and will put on another coupl of thousand. Will keep you updated on shocks.
  24. A

Guys, I am so pleased with the ride being back to newlike, I will do chains the next time I have two days free. I will update as I do my own work. By the way I also installed struts from Complete Struts approx 65.00 each. I have driven 4000 miles and they are great. has anyone used the cast...
  25. A

Went to a ford dealer the last week feeling like I would by a new Explorer. My 2010 EB has 110,000. After seeing that the new Explorers are more soccer mom vehicles, I looked at the new Expedition. At 70,000+$, My Explorer was looking pretty good. Invested $2000.00 in shocks, controlarms,tie rod...
Back