Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

EATC Blend Door - No Power

I opened the housing to the actuator and applied a 12v source to the leads of the motor inside. I don't think I can trace that backwards because those connections are soldered into a circuit board inside the unit. If someone has a 2000 explorer wiring diagram and can tell me which lead is the...
  2. 9

Thanks Budwich, I appreciate your attention. It seems to me that if I have difficulty finding the break in the power source, I can simply splice a new wire from fuse 10 to the power lead on the jack that plugs into the actuator. My next challenge is to determine which wire is power. The color...
  3. 9

Thanks for that confirmation. I'm thinking that by removing the radio, I'll be able to see the blend door actuator wires coming from the climate control panel that is just below the radio. It must be that the power from fuse 10 is going to the climate control panel, powering it and (through...
  4. 9

I have the same problem on my 2000 Ltd Explorer with climate control. The blend door is fine, the actuator works great with outside power, I've inspected it inside and all gears are fine, I cannot detect any power on any pins when changing heat settings or changing from Max AC to the other...
  5. 9

Radio LED display fix!!!

I just followed the directions and it works. Brushed it pretty well with a light brass brush, then followed that with a stiff nylon bristle and some air to clean it off. No liquids. Ron Mellon 2000 LTD Now
  6. 9

200,000 Miles!!!!

I'm driving my third explorer now. Both of the others went over 250K without any engine or tranny problems. Just change the oil regularly and flush the Tranny every 50K or so. Ron Mellon 2000 Ltd.
  7. 9

96 Ltd Air Ride

I've been procrastinating on this, but can't do it any more. My 230K Explorer (still runs grrrreate) has had a leak in the right rear air lifter year or so, but not so big that the pump couldn't easily keep up. This week in a trip to WV the air went out altogether on both front air lifters...
  8. 9

Help - Left Low Beam Out

Tom; I'm pretty sure that I do have a center console computer because I get all the annalysis of fuel mileage, anything out, oil change, air ride problems,etc on a screen on the console. Can I determine if that's the problem by going to an autoparts place that does computer diagnostics or...
  9. 9

Help - Left Low Beam Out

I was just checking previous threads on this topic and replacement of a Power Point Controller (part no. FMC F77Z10K910 AA) came up. Anyone know what that is, if there's one on a 96LTD and if that might be the problem? It looks like many people have had this problem, but I didn't find any...
  10. 9

Help - Left Low Beam Out

My left low beam is out and the bulb is fine. I've checked for power on the "white with Lt Green" and it's dead. I've checked for power at the #4 post in the interior fuse panel and I've got power there. Is there another junction box I can test at? Is there a handy way to just run...
Back