Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

93 TEMPERATURE "UN-STEADINESS"

Hey All, I Have A 93 Limited 4x4 W/ Ac. I've Had If For About 2 Years Now. It Has 173,000 Miles On It. Ever Since I Bought The Truck I Noticed The Temp Gauge Goes From Low Normal To Mid, Just Above Half On The Gauge. Any Causes Known For This?????? I've Replaced The Water Pump, Lower...
  2. J

1993 4x4 Limited Radiator Change

All, Can Anyone Give Me Any Advice On Changing The Radiator In This Truck?....tricks, Watch-outs...etc? Also: When Your Brake Fluid Gets Low, Does That Always Mean You Have A Leak? I Had To Put Fluid In After About A Year Of Ownership; Bought Summer Of Last Year. I Don't Know The Previous...
  3. J

93' Radiator

if I tighten the hose clamps "too" tight, will it break the radiator?
  4. J

93' Radiator

I replaced the hose clamps, have inspected the vehicle while it was running and at night with a flashlight ( at night is good because the light refletcs ) I figure if I replace the radiator and it is still leaking, at least it will have a new radiator, then maybee it will be good for another...
  5. J

93' Radiator

All, Here is the situation: I've replaced the lower hose, radiator cap, water pump; Had the radiator flushed. I'm having this re-accuring drip on the bottom of the lower hose. I'm wondering if I should just replace the radiator? If I do, does anybody have any suggestions for a smooth...
  6. J

hey all, got a question

Thanks for the advice all!!!! I think I am going to keep the car Thanks, Jaypbrian
  7. J

hey all, got a question

"got a reply" I'm sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you....
  8. J

hey all, got a question

All, My wife has a 93 explorer 4x4 with 170,000+ miles on it. My question is wether to keep the truck, assuming it has many more miles to go; or do I let her go???? I personally like the vehicle, and have heard of them going 300,000+. Any advice would help a lot!!! Thanks, Jaypbrian
  9. J

93 Auto Hubs....

All, Is It Hard To Change Auto Hubs To Manual Hubs??? Any Insight Is Much Appreciated...... Thanks All!! Jaypbrian
  10. J

1993 Ford Explorer 4.0 4x4 Limited

.....two Questions....one: Where Is The Pcv Valve Located On This Vehicle? Two: My Temp. Gauge Goes Up And Down Between Half-way And Quarter-way Up On The Gauge. I've Had A Probem With The Coolant Leaking. I've Recently Replaced The Thermostat And I'm Wondering If I Replace The Water...
Back