Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

LOUD SQUEEL NEED HELp

Blee1099... you ROCK, dude! I bought a $43.00 IAC at the local discount parts store, installed it (two bolts, took 10 minutes) and ... PRESTO... no more noise. I really owe you for that one. Thanks for the advice - that noise was driving me nuts!
  2. 9

How to: IAC valve cleaning thread (w/pics)

Enough... just change the damn IAC! It's a $50.00 part held on by two bolts. Do that first, then go from there...
  3. 9

How Do I clean my idle air control valve?

Clean your IAC? Don't bother! Change the S.O.B.. I just changed mine. bought it at Discount Auto Parts - $43.00. Labor? No problem - unplug the wire, remove two bolts, throw away the old one, place the new one, install those two bolts, plug it in, DONE! My mechanic wanted $150.00 for that...
  4. 9

LOUD SQUEEL NEED HELp

hey Blee1099. Thanks for the info. I'm going to investigate the IAC solution right now. If it works, I'll let you know... and kiss the ground you walk on!
  5. 9

LOUD SQUEEL NEED HELp

Falcon64 noise problem Hey Falcon64, I have the same problem. Did you ever find out what causes that god-foresaken noise?
  6. 9

LOUD SQUEEL NEED HELp

1996's Loud Noise Problem Did 1996 ever solve that loud noise problem? I think I have the same problem. My 1997 X makes the exact same noise that ROBB showed in his video. How can I fix it, it's driving me nuts! I took it to a Goodyear repair shop and the thief wanted $1800 for a new upper...
Back