Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2002 Explorer 4x4 not working

Thank you for that info @imp so me not hearing a clicking for 4x4 high is normal that was my main concern. so now what I need to figure out is why are all my lights illuminating correctly as you just described. everything you explained works as you stated now my problem is why am I not actually...
  2. T

Thanks for the help Doug keep me posted
  3. T

Yeah that’s my main thing with getting a click one time on low but not when clicking high idk if that’s a sign of a bad module or not as far as I know maybe I just got a bad vacuum to my hubs but idk where to begin to check that if it’s definitely suppose to click on four high then I know I got...
  4. T

So the tc motor does nothing when going from 4 auto to 4 high? Then I’m really confused because I don’t understand what it could be everyone I see that had issues with the module had issues with the 4x4 lights in some way but I don’t they act normal but I get no noise when going to 4x4 high no...
  5. T

It also puts it into 4high from what I found
  6. T

Great to hear Doug i am starting to guess mine is the motor on the diff instead of the computer due to the computer acting fine with no obvious signs anything is wrong with it. These motors are also a known issue let me know what happens with yours.
  7. T

Finally got the first snow and 4x4 definitely not working. I don’t understand why the lights act like they are working you’d think it would do something to tell you what is wrong
  8. T

Thank you let me know your results I haven’t had money with Christmas time to go get a new one I for sure need to get one before the snow starts.
  9. T

Yeah mine is the same I get the lights to come on like it’s working. I drove for the first time through some mud and it seems like the front tires are spinning but not nearly as fast as the back ones it still kicks the rear end around
  10. T

Thank you yes I hope someone more familiar can help out I'm new to fords all together I love it so far besides this
  11. T

Hey guys I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. I just bought this 2002 Explorer XLT. So I noticed while driving it the 4x4 high light blinks 8 times every so many minutes. If I put it into 4x4 high I hear no noise to sound like it is engaging. On a flat gravel road if I hit the gas to...
Back