Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

The rack and pinion has a 24 month warranty. I haven't paid anything as of yet,although the dealer tried to make me pay for the last diagnosis, which was the rack an pinion. I'm going to call another dealer tomorrow and see if I can get them to check it. If the diagnostic codes are showing that...
  2. C

So, Friday had been 6 weeks since Iast had my Explorer to the dealer for repair. Actually, there was no repair, just a reset of the code. I think this was the longest it had went without losing power steering. BUT, it happened again on my way home from taking my daughter to the Dr. I'm so very...
  3. C

The paperwork they gave me doesn't have the codes, but each time, it has shown that the problem is with the steering gear. I've read where several others have had the steering gear replaced more than once.
  4. C

One the code is reset, or the steering rack has been replaced, the signal lights are normal. They are the least of my worries though. I really am upset over the steering problems, or rather the fact that my Ford dealer can't repair them
  5. C

Thanks Peter. Let me clarify about the signal lights. They will work, but will not stay on unless you hold them in place. I assume it has something to do with the steering loss. When the steering failed in the same curve, it never worked again. It went completely out and had to be driven to...
  6. C

I purchased my 2011 Explorer is April. Since then, I have had it to the dealer 5 times for repair. I get the power steering assist warning and the terrain system warning lights.. Signal lights will not work, and it's nearly impossible to steer. They have replaced the rack and pinion twice...
Back