Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Nope. Ford has performed all of the Tsb's and sealed the car up pretty well I guess?? But still not sure why the exhaust is being sucked in when the windows are open.
  2. P

I'm really interested in this, but have zero mechanical knowledge. I have a 2015 Explorer with the exhaust smell and I have put a CO monitor in my car. The monitor measured levels of CO that went from 5-7 in normal driving conditions that rose up to the high 50's when I had the car in recirc...
  3. P

They have a new updated HVAC reprogram. I had it done to my Explorer. It actually solved the carbon monoxide issue in my cabin while the windows are up, but if I open them I still get elevated levels anytime I accelerate above 3500rps or climb a hill.
  4. P

The 2017's have the same exhaust issue- I wouldn't buy one unless you go in with a CO monitor that displays low levels of CO and take that thing out full throttle over 3500 rpms and make sure the levels test out ok.
  5. P

Oops! It's the Sensorcon Inspector. Also, I took the car out again and tried a bunch of different scenarios with it. It skyrocketed with the A/C on in recirc as I expected (it actually went up to 56ppm) but surprisingly it also went up with no A/C on, with the A/C on but not in recirc. And with...
  6. P

I bought a CO monitor and tried it out today. I had the Tsb performed last week and as soon as I accelerated above 3500 rpms the exhaust smell filled my cabin. I had a rental car for a few days and tested out the monitor in that first. The levels stayed at 5 or 6 ppm no matter how high I brought...
Back