Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Where are all the used 1st gens?

I own 2 one a daily driver he other for parts mainly for the manual trans and transfer case. I was at a Philly salvage yard and they had 1st gens they used to drive around the yard. Talking to the yard owner, he actually had a handful when cash for clunkers happened. Told me he actually sold...
  2. F

Get my explorer towed

That’s insane, I paid a company $1300 for my parts Explorer, CA to PA. Usually if you have roadside they will tow up 100 miles.
  3. F

Slowly Going Away

Still see 1st and 2nd gens on the road here in PA. I have two 1st gens, one a daily driver was donated to my work and no one knew what to do with it so I said I’d take it. Came from original owners garaged most of its life and has a tranny leak. Leaks only in summer, never fixed because I...
  4. F

Slowly Going Away

5. F

Disable TPMS

FYI. Swapped rims on my ‘09 ranger, no sensors. Now I don’t know how true it is but I asked Ford to shut off the dash light and they wouldn’t. Puts them “ on the hook” if something happens related to low tire pressure.
  6. F

A4ld to M50D Swap

Thanks!
  7. F

manual trans will drive in 4 low

Well I'll know soon enough. It a donor vehicle so it's going to be opened up. Thanks!!
  8. F

manual trans will drive in 4 low

Hello, Have a manual trans and transfer case. truck will only drive in 4 low. Can go though the gears in 2h and 4h but wont engage. Any suggestions?
  9. F

A4ld to M50D Swap

Thanks! If needed basic wiring shouldn't be an issue.
  10. F

A4ld to M50D Swap

Thanks! Should be covered with the donor.
  11. F

A4ld to M50D Swap

Hello All in Ex nation, I am about to do the swap as per 94fourdoor. '93 to a '94. Now I am also going to the manual transfer case, so in addition to 94fourdoor directions is their anything I should be aware of in regards to ditching the ATC (Automatic transfer case) for the MTC (manual...
Back