Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

ABS B1342 Code Help

Did you ever figure this out?
  2. A

5R55S Transmission woes

I’ll check the wiring though, I’ll do a search if someone’s done it before and follow their instructions.
  3. A

5R55S Transmission woes

The seller was a transmission shop that claims to test each solenoid block before they send them out. The first solenoid block didn’t work so I thought maybe it’s an issue with the used solenoid block then they sent me a second one. I just figured the chances of two different solenoid blocks...
  4. A

5R55S Transmission woes

I have a 2006 Explorer 4.0 RWD. It revs really high in first before shifting and it will not go into overdrive. The code is for P0775. So far I have done these things to try and fix it. 1. Got the fluid changed plus the filter 2. Changed the solenoid pack 3. Replaced the servo pistons with the...
  5. A

5R55S Transmission woes

So I got the transmission flushed and it's exactly the same. It revs really high in first before shifting and it will not go into overdrive. The code is for P0775. So far I have done these things to try and fix it. Got the fluid flushed, changed the filter, changed the solenoid pack, adjusted...
  6. A

5R55S Transmission woes

I have an 06 Explorer with 120k miles. It started to shift weird where it would rev up really high and then shift. It has transmission codes for solenoid pressure on multiple solenoids. So I ordered a used solenoid pack and replaced it along with new fluid. However I made a mistake, I used...
  7. A

Oil pooling between heads (and many other issues)

It's definitely oil. I have some exams coming up so I haven't had time to look into it further but I will pretty soon.
  8. A

Hey I haven't tracked down the oil leak yet. I was more worried about it running rough. I've now replaced all spark plug wires and spark plugs with brand new ones. I also swapped in a coil pack from my perfectly good running explorer (same year) with no difference. I haven't been able to find a...
  9. A

Yeah I'm mostly concerned with the engine mechanicals. I don't think the wheel will be a huge issue. I'll replace bearings, rotors, and brakes and I think that should do it.
  10. A

I'll check those also. I did try spraying some throttle cleaner close to the intake to see if any vacuum leaks were present but nothing happened. I did run out quickly so I'll grab another can and try again.
  11. A

No EGR codes. I will check. I was thinking of taking off the intake anyway to check. Could it be bad head gasket? It's not loosing coolant and the oil isnt mixing with coolant. But the leaks looks below valve cover plus the misfiring.
  12. A

My dad just bought this Ford Explorer and he doesn't know much about cars so I'm trying to fix it up for him. There is a lot of oil pooling between the heads. I've attached a picture but it's dark so it's difficult to see. You can see the oil right in the middle under the intake between the...
Back