Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Should I buy an explorer

I know the pricing does change with age & mileage but do not know what those points are. I would recommend looking at the link Peter posted above and contacting that source. I was lucky enough to get both extended warranties at cost from my dealer & a free 3 yr service plan for the explorer.
  2. F

Your Best Mileage from a 2.3L Ecoboost?

17' 2.3 4wd 20-21 everyday driving Phoenix to Flagstaff AZ 24.3 MPG Flagstaff AZ to Phoenix 28.6 MPG Phoenix to Tucson 26.1 MPG (cruise set @80mph) Tucson to Phoenix 27.7 MPG (cruise set @80mph)
  3. F

Should I buy an explorer

Extended warranties are available for used vehicles too. We recently purchased one for my wife's Escape through the dealer even after the original 3/36 had expired. We went through our Ford dealer because they provided better coverage & pricing than we found online.
  4. F

Should I buy an explorer

I researched for about a year prior to my decision to purchase my explorer. went across many forums of the vehicles i was interested in and multiple test drives. Every forum as previously stated consist of people with issues that are looking for resolutions and a ton of complaints. Personally...
  5. F

2.3 EcoBoost, tuning? Performance?

I have a 17' 4wd with the 2.3 and have been pleased with the power output for a stock vehicle. i test drove both the 2.3 & the 3.5 NA before purchasing and felt the 2.3 was better in the performance area. Plus i think the 3.51 gearing helps that comes standard on the 4wd. Not planning on doing...
  6. F

2017 Explorer sport cold air intake issue

if it sits higher in the front could it be getting interference from the hood when it is closed?
  7. F

2017 Explorer sport cold air intake issue

You might check the mounting of the aftermarket CAI. i have found on past vehicles that some do not mount solidly to allow "flex" when the engine moves causing a thud/thump sound that is not consistently replicated. This could also explain why you feel it when it happens.
  8. F

HELP!!!.... How to junp start a 2016 Platinum?

Maybe try holding the fob to the start button and push the start button. This is typically used for when the battery in the FOB dies but maybe it will work for your dead vehicle battery.
  9. F

Post Your White Explorers!

Me either, and my wife really dislikes them. I first thought of painting them to match, but the cost of prep, base coat and clear coat had me thinking of covers.
  10. F

Nice! did you put the chrome covers on the handles?
  11. F

Just got her on Saturday.. 2017 base with the 2.3 EcoBoost 4wd. Apparently a hard combination to find in the Phoenix AZ area.
Back