Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

No Spark

By the way, I think the problem is your crankshaft sensor if you have no spark.
  2. E

No Spark

Yours have the started solenoid, you can try yourself. Hook a cable to the small terminal in the started solenoid(remove the cable it has connected that comes from the ignition switch) and the other end go to the positive side of the battery when you are ready to turn the ignition manually. This...
  3. E

Explorer 93 ecu pinout chart

Well, if is that sticker mine says ANY1 but I didn't find it in the page you shared to me :( Thanks
  4. E

Thanks for the info, where can I find this strategy code in the PCM? Do you know where is located?
  5. E

Hi everybody, I'm Looking for the ecu pinout chart of an explorer 93. My problem is Im swapping my bronco II 2.9 87 with a 93 4.0ohv and I'm in the process of cleaning the wiring harness (removing abs, headlight wirings) because I will use my stock wiring. In the process I found a wire that...
  6. E

93 Explorer 4.0 OHV ecu change

Hi guys, Well, problem solved! The problem was the ECU, it had some filters inside damaged, I took it to a ECU repair shop and they fixed it. I was little scared because when I installed it I got the 5 volt reference but it didn't want to start jajajaja, the day I removed the ECU for repair...
  7. E

Hey, I have an update but it's bad news... Today I installed 6 remanufactured injectors and the problem continues BUT I measure the 5volt reference signal from ECU to sensors (TPS,IAT and ECT and found no 5 volt reference but all the wires have continuity to the ECU pin. This point me to check...
  8. E

Hey guys, Just for update. I changed TPS,ECT and IAT and the problem continues, I don't know but I feel a little better. Well at the end I removed the injectors I will take them to a place for check, I think the problem is there. One test was unplug the spark plug #6 and after that the...
  9. E

Thanks for your reply. I got assured that both doesn't use neither EGR or CAM sensor so this won't be a problem. Also I forgot to mention is, right now the switch is always in on position so I use to unplug one battery terminal every time I need to cut of the power to ECM relay. Can this cause...
  10. E

Thanks for your reply, I'm not trying to use the auto transmision. I don't care, I'm gonna put the engine in my bronco 2 which has a manual transmission. The explorer from which I took the ECU is 93 manual, the one from which I will take the engine is 93 auto. I just want to start the engine...
  11. E

Hi, I'm new here and I need your experience to solve a problem I'm presenting right now. I'm just going to swap my bronco II 2.9 for an Explorer 93 4.0. Let me explain the story from the beginning: I bought a 93 4x4 explorer very cheap from a yunkyard that didn't run. It has auto trans. It...
  12. E

Explorer 93 correct ECU

I will check those plugs but taking in count your assumption of the EGR maybe mine is batch fire because I don't see an EGR... The exausex manifold in the driver side doesn't have tread to connect the EGR hose also it doesn't have an EGR... But I notice something in the passenger exhaust...
  13. E

Explorer 93 correct ECU

Perfect, will check this Saturday cause the explorer is far away from home. Guys I called Ford dealer here in my country (Grupo Viamar) and ask about ecu, they say they cannot give me ECU number but they can quote me the price... :@ The price is like 1,200 dollars hahahahahahah
  14. E

Explorer 93 correct ECU

I'm gonna try calling but also I'm planning to check if mine is sequential or batch fire looking at the injectors wiring color. When I detect that I will have another problem, how do I identify if an ECU works as batch fire or sequential? Also how do I know if ECU uses the cam shaft? I'm...
  15. E

Explorer 93 correct ECU

Pufff... I don't know how to find out what ECU uses this engine cause it didn't have the ecu... Can I call Ford dealer and ask for ECU number for my VIN?
  16. E

Explorer 93 correct ECU

Omg! A lot of things to take in count. Turdle but those difference can be on a same model year Explorer? I mean you can find one 93 explorer with sequential fuel injection and also find one 93 with batch fire? Thanks a lot for your help
  17. E

Explorer 93 correct ECU

Perfect, I will try to find one this week to try starting the engine before pulling out it. Jajaja nice translate :P Just kidding. Well here there aren't many Explorer of that year also I think I'm the first in this country doing a 4.0 swap and also diff swap to a bronco II :D
  18. E

Explorer 93 correct ECU

Mmm now that you say it, it's true, I don't know if the ECU I was looking expect the EGR puufff... Although here in my country (Dominion republic) this is not a problem but I wanted to try connecting the check engine light lol. Mmm I was looking the ECU F37F-12A650-YB calibration code ANY1 cause...
  19. E

Explorer 93 correct ECU

Perfect so I can buy the ECU F37F-A12650-YB ANY1 right? I checked and I didn't see EGR, will check again to confirm. Thanks Rhett
  20. E

Explorer 93 correct ECU

Hi, I just bought an explorer 93 auto trans but it doesn't have the ECU. I want to install the engine in my bronco II 87 manual trans but dont know if I can use a manual ECU or need to use an auto ecu. If I use a manual ECU can have problem like poor gas mileage or something? If yes how do I...
Back