Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Cracked D Pillar

For now, I won't be replacing them. I'm going to use a little glue to hold the peices together and sand a little, then put on a gloss black vinly over it. Once I get that done (no promises on a timeline), I'll will update the post.
  2. T

Cracked D Pillar

Well, looking at the picture in this post, it seems as if there are a few screws that are behind the 3rd row glass. Why would a plastic part be not replaceable without taking a window out. Seems like a design flaw to me. FORD OEM 11-15 Explorer Exterior-Upper Molding Trim Right BB5Z78290A60AA...
  3. T

Cracked D Pillar

Yep, that's what it looks like. I may try to find a good one in a junk-yard (and get some practice drilling the rivets out). Thanks Peter! Randy
  4. T

Cracked D Pillar

Part BB5Z78290A60AA I cracked this while changing my lift-gate struts. With the hatch open, it looks like this part is held in place by rivets. Does anyone have any experience changing this part and/or are there any other rivets/screws holding this in place?
  5. T

Interior Door panel issue / separation

So glad I found this forum. I was considering gluing it back down as someone said they did. I will take mine to a dealer and have them do it, although it doesn't seem that hard to do by myself if they give me an issue.
Back