Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

3" lift 2004 explorer

We bought a 2004 explorer with a 3" lift on it already. The problem we having is after replacing the rear cv axles the drivers side axle wants to pop out of differential. My question is with a lift kit does it need longer axles? Where would I find those?
  2. D

Transmission leak in front

The leak is not to bad and I'm awaiting to get the code. It's only about 90k
  3. D

I dropped it off to get the codes read and we'll go from there. No I didn't drop the pan yet I figured if I do the #2 that I will have to drop it then and inspect
  4. D

Hello to all, We have a 2003 explorer with the V8 and 4*4. About a week ago the o/d off light started flashing and the check transmission appeared on the lil screen. It tended to take a lil longer to shift into 2nd gear. Upon internet research the first remedy was dirty fluid. We did the...
  5. D

Door ajar

Door ajar
  6. D

Rocking driveshaft

No the transmission expert I took it to told me that I may have been driving around on the front axle for a long period of time and it's not made to carry that whole vehicle around for all I know the rear end could have been gone when I bought the vehicle. According to my VIN sticker on the door...
  7. D

Rocking driveshaft

I would like to thank everyone for a reading my post and replying as helpful as possible the issue is now corrected I found a transmission expert and upon his test drive the front differential blew after only two blocks of him driving it the diagnosis was that the front differential had been...
  8. D

Rocking driveshaft

Any ideas of what could be wrong with the transmission?
  9. D

Rocking driveshaft

Hi my name is Dave and I have read alot of posts on here and have found some helpful information and tips. My question for all is I have a 2004 explorer xlt push button 4wd and I'm having a problem when the vehicle is in gear drive or reverse with my foot on the brake the driveshaft is rocking...
Back