Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

Replaced the EGR and the ruff idle and P401 code came back.

Hey guys I replaced the EGR and the p0401 came back on the car after a few days. It also has a ruff idle.. I got the EGR from Advance Auto Parts. Could it be defective? Any other ideas? Thanks for the help.
  2. 2

Battery, alternator or what.....

On occasion my explorer starts slowly when it's cold. It starts as if the battery was dieing. I had the system tested at advance auto parts and the system tested good. 12.6v 574 cca Any thoughts where I should go next to get this issue resolved? Side note will the information screen pop up...
  3. 2

Rear glass opens sometimes by its self?

Hello, sometimes when I get into the car the rear glass is open and unlocked. Is there something I am doing on the key fob to unlock and open the glass? Thanks
  4. 2

Dumb question regarding diffs and transfer case.

Question is do any of the differentials or transfer case have a lock up feature?
  5. 2

Lights on but no one is home. . Rear defroster.

Ok found the problem. Passenger side wire came off of the glass. How do I reattach it?
  6. 2

What wire is hot on the passenger side? Btw thanks for the help?
  7. 2

Where does the defroster get its ground? Drivers side wire?
  8. 2

How can you test and see if it works or not?
  9. 2

I checked the fuse under the hood and it was good.
  10. 2

Is there a fuse that runs the defroster?
  11. 2

It's been getting down to the 30*s and when I turn on the rear defroster nothing happens. I do not have a owners manual to I do not know what fuse to check. Thanks!
  12. 2

Comparing fuel milages

I have a p0401 code and have had it since I owed the explorer. I average 13 mpg half and half and 18 mpg at 70mph hwy. I have seen 29 hwy 18 street listed on fuel mileage websites. What are you getting? Thanks for the input!
  13. 2

P0401 and 13 MPG Average

Bump please, thanks guys!
  14. 2

Removing EGR will you need a new gasket?

When removing EGR will you need a new gasket? 2010 xlt 4x4 4.0 179,000
  15. 2

P0401 and 13 MPG Average

I know the egr error will cause bad milage but will it be 13 mpg (driving like a grand pa) bad? I just dont have $120 to get another one at the moment. Any thoughts would be great. 2010 explorer 4.0 165k 4x4
  16. 2

Intermittent a/c not cooling

Dont you have to discharge the system to check the orifise tube?
  17. 2

Could this just be the orifise tube?
  18. 2

Thanks for the reply. The compressor is turning and not cycling on and off.
  19. 2

Will the fan come on with the a/c even if the engine is cool
  20. 2

When first starting out driving weather the engine is cold or hot the a/c is not cold. It really does it at slow speeds. After a while it starts cooling off. The engine never gets above 206* and I never hear the engine fan running. Should the fan be running when the a/c is running? Even though...
  21. 2

Checked transmission fluid level, cant believe what I found.

A lot of fluid came out. I am wondering if it was filled cold and never re checked
  22. 2

2008 Ford Explorer XLT

I have a hard time seeing it not being the battery. It's been sorta like fixing a flat tire by checking the coolant level first.
  23. 2

Checked transmission fluid level, cant believe what I found.

It does not seam to be shifting any different. Would low fluid cause it to slip? Or what?
Back