Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 "Bush Truck"

Before I had my Ranger, I wanted to build up my Explorer like that but it was a 2WD. :(
  2. G

Yeah! My wife is not happy about that! HAHAHAHA
  3. G

So that's pretty much it for now on the truck. There are a few more big things I want to do like a new rear bumper with swing-out tire carrier, rock sliders, and underbody skid plates. Here are some random photos of my truck out in the wild! 6-14-2020 9-6-2020 5-8-2021 7-7-2021
  4. G

A little project I put together that I'm proud of: a camp kitchen countertop! This is neat because it easily hangs off the side of my bed rack (the bed side is protected by rubber bumpers on the back edge of the countertop) and it stows neatly out of the way on the ladder on the RTT!
  5. G

I ended up winning a $6000 sweepstakes prize that included a 1500 watt solar generator, a Dometic fridge, an electric grill, and a ground tent (among other things). I got lucky and found someone local that was willing to swap the tent straight across for their awning!
  6. G

I ended up going on a trail ride up in the Talladega National Forrest, and the trail surface was unbelievably ROUGH! There was a lot of sharp, broken shale and it tortured my stock tires. This was the perfect excuse to upgrade from the stock 255/70R16 to Falken Wildpeak AT4 275/75R16. I found...
  7. G

So at this point I had enough weight in the back of my truck to cause a little reverse rake. Time for some help in the form of a used add-a-leaf kit I picked up for $50! The best part was they came already installed on a set of leaf springs so all we had to do was swap the leaf packs for the...
  8. G

The next big thing was a bed rack and roof top tent (RTT). I got lucky and found an upstart company that was designing modular racks made from 8020 aluminum extrusions. I got with the owner and he deep discounted a prototype rack for me, and I became the first Ford Ranger to get one installed...
  9. G

The next big mod had my anatomy shrinking inside my body a little! :D With the help of a good friend I cut up my passenger fender and installed a Safari Snorkel!
  10. G

Some small things were added to the Ranger; DeeZee tailgate damper, Gray Man Tactical molle seatback plate with pouches for emergency equipment and recovery gear, LIghtForce dash panel for auxiliary lighting, and both CB and GMRS/FRS radio. The biggest of the small modifications were my Amazon...
  11. G

The truck got a suspension and bumper facelift pretty early on. I went with the Eibach ProTruck kit, and set the front to 3.75" of lift. After adding the ARB bumper the day after the suspension lift, I lost about 1/4" of that lift.
  12. G

It's been awhile Since I've been around here - I had sold my 1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 and bought a 2019 Ranger. I'll detail a little of the project it has turned into here over a bunch of posts. But first, here is how it started out (with my old Explorer in the background)!
  13. G

Getting out of my Explorer...

...because I brought this home last night!
  14. G

Project Vehicle - 1998 Explorer Limited

My journey with the Explorer is nearing its end. A good friend of mine from work is indeed buying it for his daughter to use as her first car. This came home with me last night.
  15. G

Power Window Issue

Here is a video of what it's doing. It appears to work fine but you can (just barely over the background noise) hear it clicking when the window reaches the end of its travel.
  16. G

Power Window Issue

I've searched but I can't find anything covering this. When I go to use my driver door power window, when I hit the switch to go down it hesitates/stutters, goes down, and then stutters. When I go back up it rolls back up, hits the top of it's travel, and then stutters/hops. What gives? I'm...
  17. G

I really like this idea. Unfortunately, the pricing on new vehicles these days are ridiculous. I'm hoping that after I negotiate the hell out of a new truck, the difference is made up with the money from the Explorer.
  18. G

Good advice! As far as the co-workers are concerned... One is looking for a beater for his teenage daughter. One is looking to replace his wife's repo'ed car. One is looking for a spare vehicle to keep around the house for when his wife's Jeep Commander is broken down. I've considered...
  19. G

So I've test driven a new Ranger and I've decided to pursue purchasing one. I'm looking at trying to get into a 2019 XL model with the STX package and the FX4 off road package. The only thing holding me back is the dealership experience; it's not fun and I have already been frustrated with...
  20. G

I had my egr tube replaced after attempting to do it myself and throwthr tools into the front yard. LOL
  21. G

We'll see! I haven't even test driven one of the new Rangers yet. I was at the gas station Sunday and one parked next to me. I started talking to the owner and he absolutely loves his (Ranger Lariat company vehicle). He didn't hesitate to show me all around his truck. It's really nice! I...
  22. G

If I end up with a new Ranger, there is no way I'm going to be able to hang onto the Explorer. My wife already things we have too many vehicles at the house (there is just the two of us and I have three vehicles, and she has one). On top of that, she wouldn't be too happy about the added...
  23. G

I haven't posted in a while; I've been busy with work and the Explorer has been just humming along without any real issues. But... I've come to a fork in the road with the Explorer. I'm thinking about getting rid of it and getting a 2019/2020 Ranger FX4. I wouldn't be able to keep the...
  24. G

Pics of the mods you've done?
  25. G

1998 4 door Explorer

Oh it's also idling low? Sorry I missed that.
Back