Search results

1. J

Almost got it

2. J

Almost got it

I will be going elsewhere
  3. J

Almost got it

I kept asking do I have to get a new one they pleased that a used one wouldn't work at all
  4. J

Almost got it

I've changed everything. It was in the shop for a month n a half. After I've changed all my parts they recheck everything and tell me I need a ecm that 1700 with labor everything comes out to 2000... Do I have to buy a new ecm or can I get a used one and just reprogram it????
  5. J

Ecm

I've replaced my fuel pump, throttle body, plugs. Still had issues took it to two shops. Both shops told me I need a new ECM. Well a new ECM runs 1700 plus 300 for labor. My question is do I need to buy a new one or can I get a used one and reprogram.
  6. J

Almost got it

Yes I could only afford the plugs at the time
  7. J

Almost got it

Thanks... I been having start up and stalling issues still. On my message center it reads engine Fail-Safe
  8. J

Almost got it

I took it to a shop and had a pressure gauge out on it. Replaced the fuel pump drive better for a few days and started messing up again. Got my codes... It's two o2 sensors.... EGR valve... And coils... And my 6th cylinder misfires on start up.
  9. J

Almost got it

It has 200,000 miles the plugs I changed a few days ago. It ran a lot better. But its still stalled out. I'm going to stop by an auto shop and get my codes check and I'll post them
  10. J

Almost got it

A few days ago I replaced my fuel pump. And got my 05 ford explorer XLT running alot better. Fuel filter is fairly a 2 month old. But I'm still having a little sputtering and shaking during acceleration. And a small drop in rpms when a/c turns on. Any idea what can be the cause?
  11. J

Need help

The pump I ordered it has two connection on top of the pump. And it has the connection for the pressure sensor. Also it's the round one like in the photo. But the old one is square. Am I able still able to connect the new one still but removing the old harness?
  12. J

Need help

I ended up breaking the red clip to lock the harness in. Are there any trick to getting it off while it's still connected?
  13. J

Need help

Yup... I got it I started undoing the straps on the tank last night but one was at a bad angle behind the drive shaft. So hopefully I can have it done tonight. Maybe
  14. J

Need help

It wasn't cheap almost 300
  15. J

Need help

After paying 458 to have the shop do nothing ... Took it to another shop it's the fuel pump. The psi was 24 -25 so I bought the pump and I'm going to just install it myself. Any advice ???
  16. J

Need help

I'll have that done as soon as possible thanks
  17. J

Need help

I had it running earlier and I saw the tensioner pulley was moving could that be a possible cause?
  18. J

Need help

Only thing that has been replaced is the fuel pressure sensor fuel filter and intake gaskets
  19. J

Needing help

I'll be sure to check those
  20. J

Need help

I haven't seen anything different pop up
  21. J

Need help

I took my 05 Ford explorer XLT to an mechanic shop 3 weeks ago. He checked my throttle body,EGR valve, spark plugs, intake, catalytic converter. I'm waiting to hear about the injectors this is the second time he has checked them. The car is rough idling then it will stall out. It loses...
  22. J

Needing help

I took my 05 Ford explorer XLT to an mechanic shop 3 weeks ago. He checked my throttle body,EGR valve, spark plugs, intake, catalytic converter. I'm waiting to hear about the injectors this is the second time he has checked them. The car is rough idling then it will stall out. It loses power...
Back