Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

99 Ranger 5.0 Misfire - No codes, out of ideas

I've swapped the fuel injectors once from 6 to 5 and 2 to 1 and it doesn't follow the injector either. Guess I forgot to mention I did that. How would I go about testing the egr?
  2. G

I swapped multiple sets of coil packs between the spares I have and never moved. I would figure that swapping out so many would have wiggled it enough to make a difference in that connector. But I'll wiggle test everything when I have a chance. Does anyone happen to know which PCM's I cab use...
  3. G

Hmm I think I might have a computer but don't know if I have the pats and keys for it. Have to go digging around the spare parts buckets to find one
  4. G

After the compression check - all 8 were in between 163 and 170 psi on multiple tries. The 2 plugs in question were fouled from fuel but the rest are running near perfect. Fuel pressure was 60psi between starting and about 4000, and dropping to 58psi at about that time. Never saw anything...
  5. G

I'll double check tonight but I did it about a month ago when I started diagnosing and they were within 10psi of each other. I also used a camera to watch my valves and they were opening and closing but I couldn't see perfectly at the base to see if there was a gap. Guess I didn't think a valve...
  6. G

The truck has ran fine before this without cats. I had the stock tune with rear o2s removed out of it before but not currently as I'm trying to narrow out options. Yes the truck isn't going to run perfectly with a perfect A/F ratio. But it's still going to run on all 8. Currently running on 7...
  7. G

Watched it in the dark both without a load in the driveway and used a push bar to push against a tree to put it under load to watch and no arcs from the wires were seen. I've swapped wires from opposite sides, moved the wires to make sure they aren't cross-firing and no difference
  8. G

The cats were gutted by previous owner of explorer donor. I just replaced the fuel pump a couple months ago with a napa brand bc of a no-start and only getting 35psi before. Now have at least 55psi no matter the throttle position
  9. G

I have a 99 Ranger that was swapped from 3.0 Flex to a '00 5.0 with 4r70w and BW4406. It's been swapped for 4 years now and has had its problems over the years due to my inexperience and college student funds. I'm pretty good at solving my own problems and have so far on this truck with the...
  10. G

My new 347

I know when I put all new lines in, I used 3-5' lines and 2-12" lines. Used the 12in to connect to the transmission and bring a coupling below the exhaust for easier transmission removal later But i also took my time and had extra. It was my first time ever flaring and bending pipe (only 19 so...
  11. G

My new 347

I believe the new lines you can buy are a softer material. I had the same problem of trying to flare the stock so I gave up and put all new lines. One main thing, since i don't know how much bending there will be, but dont skimp on a bender, I've seen a cheap bender barely kink lines and they've...
  12. G

My new 347

I know mine was about 50 bucks US and I just took my time with it and they arent the best ones on the planet but they’ve worked for over 500 miles
  13. G

My new 347

Hey Dono, Ive been through the whole new transmssion lines from the transmission up to the radiator. DONT USE THE COMPRESSION FITTINGS. I jst finished my V8 swap into my ranger and i had two of those compressions on there to scab a couple pieces together and within a week of driving, the heads...
Back