Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Aftermarket alarm + factory alarm...possible ?

I have a 96 explorer! I used to have an aftermarket alarm system with remote start, vibrating sensors and central lock function. The problem is that it stoped working and I just want to set the vehicle with the factory alarm system, so I bought a new original controller but I can’t program it...
  2. J

Corroded Battery Terminal / Cable

Hi! Yes already tried it. Thanks anyway
  3. J

Thanks Peter, I will try in that one. Yes I searched at eBay and Amazon but I don’t find years from 95 to 2000! Thanks a lot
  4. J

Any ideas of where to buy online the positive battery cable for a 96 explorer V6 4.0? I only found for the 91-94 series, is it the same?
  5. J

1997 Mountaineer Radio lights out

Thanks a lot! The dimmer switch is working fine, but maybe one of the connections in the back is sending wrong signals to the rest of the sistem. I will replace it and get back to you!
  6. J

Same problem here!! But i noticed that sometimes it works. But when it works, my cruise control works too and my overhead panel lights dim when i turn the headlights on, also the O/D light works when the headlights are on. When radio lights stop working all of those thing stop working too. Any...
  7. J

"Overdrive Off" light flashing

I have another issue with the O/D light. It only works when my headlights are off, when i turn the headlights on (and the dashboard lights as well) I'm not able to see it but i feel the car slowing down when i press the O/D bottom (so O/D its working fine). Any ideas??
  8. J

Also when i turn the headlights on, I'm not able to see the O/D off light on my dashboard, only can see it when the headlights are off. 1996 Explorer XLT with JBL Any suggestion?
  9. J

Hey!! I'm having the same problem with my 1996 XLT with JBL radio, I have also noticed that when this happens, cruise control doesn't work. So when cruise control works, i also have radio lights; if cruise control fails, also my radio lights. Is it any place where both systems get together?? Did...
Back