Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Humming Noise + Steering Issue

I sprayed the two U-Joints in the engine bay shown in this video I found on YouTube. I used liquid wrench. I'm not sure if its the "best", PB Blaster might work better. I asked my FIL how it was working out when I saw him on Thanksgiving and he said he had to spray it a couple more times in that...
  2. T

Sorry for the late reply, I just wanted to follow up on this thread to let anyone that might read this know everything went. Spraying penetrating oil on the steering column took care of the binding issue when turning the wheel and replacing the hubs eliminated the grinding noise while driving.
  3. T

Thanks, I found a pair of hubs on 1A Auto for $100. I told my FIL that it's worth a shot trying to replace those out first. I've never some across a bad wheel bearing and while I'll turn a wrench once and a while, i'm in no way a mechanic so I didn't want to tell him that was definitely the...
  4. T

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction with an issue my father-in-law is having with his 2004 Mountaineer 4.6L AWD. This is actually two issues, but I'm not sure if they are related. The first issue has to do with the...
Back