Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

What did you do this weekend? Participation required

Good job, I'm very jealous of all your hard work.
  2. R

Explorer Noob

I'll try to upload some photos. Still using flip phone. Tongo not good with new stuff.
  3. R

Explorer Noob

Thank you sir; Mostly vapor emission fuel line related. I noticed after removing & replacing rear leaf spring bushing. The Charcoal canister, and the plastic lines(9K313), to two steel lines had rusted up, to the point they flaked apart. After removing part 9K313 and disconnecting the two lines...
  4. R

Explorer Noob

Good luck with your adventures. I've posted few request. Lets just say, My computer keys make more noise, then members response. Anyway It looks like you've joined in July. Was wondering if anyone has helped out with your Explorer?
  5. R

03 Sport Trac Maintenance Manuals

Do you still have these for sale?
  6. R

Rear shackle replacements

I'm running into the same dilemma. I think its one of those jobs people cut corners on. I'm guessing they hardly ever replace the bushing, air hammer bolts outs, install new ones. I'm interested how you made out on your repair. For me upper Frame mount collapsed using ball joint press. Sent...
  7. R

Evaporative Emission Vapor Lines.

Has anyone replaced the Two metal lines going to the Vapor Canister.,(Driver side above spare tire. Big plastic looking box, held by 3 bolts) It has 2 plastic lines from the Canister to 2 metal lines with press on Quick disconnects, that's anything quick about it.Damn thing wont budge. Its...
  8. R

EVAP Canister Purge Valve Cleaning

I've also run into similar problem; Maybe this will help. I'm repairing 02 Explorer Sport Trac. Not sure if this will work but everything I've seen leads me to Ford base part num. 9A228; evaporative emission vapor lines. Little late but maybe someone else may benefit?
  9. R

What did you do this weekend? Participation required

Working my fingers off; Removing Shocks and Rear Leaf Spring Shackles. Fought me Tooth and nail. Every step was a chore. Fun part for me are the worn out shackle bushing on Chassis frame. Its welded piece on one piece of channel and a hole cut out of frame on other side with a Tapered sleeve...
  10. R

Greeting and Salutation.

Hope everyone is well. I'm glad to be part of Forum and look forward learning from other members hard work and experience. My first question, What the best Shock for the Sport Trac. (Anyone Ever find a Bolt on Coilover without Modifying, welding cutting up the front end?). For me, my 02...
Back