Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 3

My NEW Transmission/Converter *Pics*

I’m in the process of a build. 2 door sport, 302, HO cam, headers, and a 150 shot with other supporting mods. I’ve been researching a better converter. Now the question Someone told me that the cvpi converter won’t bolt up too the expo flex plate. He said that it’s different bolt hole...
  2. 3

302 swap sport

Okay. Will I have any wiring issues? The ecu and harness I have in my 99 are from a 01 mounty. None of the pinouts changed from 98-01 in regards to ecu and all of that?
  3. 3

302 swap sport

Okay so I plan on doing a return style fuel system for the 98. So I’ll just end up junkyard diving for fuel rails. Why would injectors be different? Now what about the abs in the 98? Should I just bypass it and save myself the hassle? Thanks for all the help
  4. 3

302 swap sport

A friend of mine said the only thing I would need to do is swap the gauge cluster from my 99 and swap to return style fuel rails. Everything els should be fine. I’m just curious as to how true this is.
  5. 3

302 swap sport

I’m swapping the v8 2wd platform from my 99 explorer sport too a 98 explorer sport
  6. 3

302 swap sport

Okay so I’m not really understanding the 4 way abs. Do I need to actually do anything with it going from a 99 too 98 can’t grasp the concept of why I couldn’t just leave it alone. Would I need to change the dash harness out from my 99 too my 98?
  7. 3

Will a stock 5.0 handle a 200+hp shot of Nitrous?

Guy out here pushing 819 on a stock block bottom end 302... so the whole always splitting at 500 is a myth
  8. 3

MY noids max out at 150 shot. 175 is in the works tho. I’m pulling the engine out this winter and doing a small simple build. I’m opening up the ring gap In the bottom end, adding a HO cam. Arp head studs and better valve springs. Then sending a 175 shot through it with a nitrous progressor.
  9. 3

I’m on a 100 shot now and have seriously been contemplating on bumping it too a 150 this weekend. Maybe a 125 just too play it safe at first
  10. 3

What’s cheating? The slip said 1/4 mile.
  11. 3

I know a guy who sprays 175 in his 302 explorer. Nothing done except a TB upgrade, tune and a nitrous progressor. Went 12.5 in the 1/4. Awd aswell.
  12. 3

302 swap sport

The rear end already has the speed sensor in it. So I wouldnt be able to just swap the drivetrain over, fuel system, and engine harness and call it a day? I would need to change over thr abs and all that?
  13. 3

302 swap sport

What I don’t understand is why it’s a return style fuel system. I thought 98 started returnless.
  14. 3

302 swap sport

So I found the title. The orange one is a 98.
  15. 3

How much nitrous?

how much can I push through these factory manifolds on this 302? Right now I’m at a 100 shot and it performs flaulisly. I would love to go too a 125 but I’m unsure with these crappy manifolds on this 302 I saw a post on here that these manifolds are only good for around 350 hp. Not sure how...
  16. 3

302 swap sport

They are both obd2
  17. 3

302 swap sport

So the best option is to just carry all the fuel plumbing over with the rest of the swap. I need too upgrade my fuel pump anyways so this would be the perfect opetubity.
  18. 3

302 swap sport

It’s just the body that’s beat, frame is great but I don’t have the space too do a body swap, or a lift for that matter. I was thinking of just swapping everything over including the returnless fuel system but I’m unsure as to what issues that may cause with the existing wiring harness. I may...
  19. 3

302 swap sport

i Have a sctx4 would I be able to get a tune for it? What’s the difference in fuel pumps?
  20. 3

302 swap sport

My body saw a New England winter and it didn’t take so kind too it. The orange one has never seen snow.
  21. 3

302 swap sport

i have a 99 sport with a 5.0 in it. Swap is out of a 01 mounty, Rwd , tuner and all the fun stuff I’ll be getting a orange sport from Florida with imaculate paint as a rolling shell. It’s a 96 or 97, can’t remember but here’s the thing The orange sport is set up for return style fuel system...
  22. 3

Please help, leaf spring bushing.

So i went about it in a pure brute force manner. I took some sharp edged chisels and went to town with my mini sledge. Needless to say, 2 hours later and a sore elbow it came out. Mangled but out. Used a ball joint press to get the new one in and all ended well.
  23. 3

I’ll give it a shot in the morning. I’ll keep you guys posted, thanks.
  24. 3

That Installing I still need to get that outter shell out
  25. 3

explorer sport trac I’m doing a rear shackle lift for my buddy expo and I did the passenger side no issue. But the driver side is different The bushing for the leaf sring kinda desintergrated when I was taking the bolt out and it left me with just the outer shell inside the leaf spring eye...
Back