Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

How to: PTU Oil Change (Tons of Pics) 2016 Explorer Sport

Hey y'all. I decided to drain and fill my PTU today and it was an experience to say the least. I'm a mechanic full time so that helped a lot with finessing stuff lol. I got a suction pump from AutoZone zone and a quart of Royal purple 75-140 gear oil. I also got a smaller hose from Lowe's and...
  2. J

All Terrain / Off Road Tires

They are noticeable with the radio on but aren't so loud you can't hear yourself think. :) They have very thick tread blocks so that is why they are noisy . It's a small price to pay for good tires . They are really only noticeable when decelerating though.
  3. J

Loud grinding on hard braking

Hello. This may sound dumb but are you sure it isn't your Anti Lock Brake system working like it should? It will be very loud and you should feel it in the pedal as well. A good way to test it is to get your tires very wet ( a garden hose works well) then go 30mph or so and floor your brake...
  4. J

All Terrain / Off Road Tires

Off Road Tires on a 2015 AWD Ex Hey y'all. I have officially put Goodyear Duratracs in 265/60/18 on my Ex and it looks soooo more manly now! I haven't experienced any rubbing at all and no advancetrac or braking issues whatsoever. I just wanted to give a definitive answer to anyone who is...
  5. J

Hey all. Newish Ex owner here.

Hello. I purchased a 2015 Ex in June and it has been a blast so far with zero issues! It has AWD and I just got duratracs put on it and it looks bad ass! I'd like to just introduce myself and have honestly been lurking for a bit lol . :)
Back